XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

No sound or dialer after custom s4 root

Tip us?

rhabib2008
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default No sound or dialer after custom s4 root

Hi, i'm new to rooting and flashing. I recently rooted my phone using odin, and flashed a custom rom. I thought I did a backup of my original hardware but can't seem to get back to it. When using the custom rom, everything works except for sound or any apps that require sound, that includes the phone dialer so I can't recieve or make calls. I tried flashing new roms, I even unrooted and installed the stock s4 bell canada rom.
When the phone reboots, it'll say kernel is not seandroid enforcing, and from what I understand, that means that maybe my phone is still rooted??
Currently, i'm back to my stock s4 rom, but sound and phone still doesn't work. Please if anyone has any info on this it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

aktran9
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhabib2008 View Post
Hi, i'm new to rooting and flashing. I recently rooted my phone using odin, and flashed a custom rom. I thought I did a backup of my original hardware but can't seem to get back to it. When using the custom rom, everything works except for sound or any apps that require sound, that includes the phone dialer so I can't recieve or make calls. I tried flashing new roms, I even unrooted and installed the stock s4 bell canada rom.
When the phone reboots, it'll say kernel is not seandroid enforcing, and from what I understand, that means that maybe my phone is still rooted??
Currently, i'm back to my stock s4 rom, but sound and phone still doesn't work. Please if anyone has any info on this it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Having the same problem. Did you ever get it figured out?

rhabib2008
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Hey, yup I did. U basically started from scratch. Downloaded proper Rom files and rerooted cleared cache etc, and re flashed. Then for some reason everything worked. There's the link in s4 Canadian forum with title along the lines of 'all in one' follow that. If u have trouble finding it, lemme know, I'll try and get it for u

Shinta187
Old
Thanks Meter 0
HI did you have the link of the site? I also have the problem :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhabib2008 View Post
Hey, yup I did. U basically started from scratch. Downloaded proper Rom files and rerooted cleared cache etc, and re flashed. Then for some reason everything worked. There's the link in s4 Canadian forum with title along the lines of 'all in one' follow that. If u have trouble finding it, lemme know, I'll try and get it for u

rhabib2008
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Link
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2314494