Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,471 Members 40,830 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

What if the S5 was metal??

Tip us?

seoulbrova
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 53
Default What if the S5 was metal??

Would people still be complaining?

Seriously, over 90% of the time when I see someone with a phone they have it in a plastic case.

The uproar of the S5 is annoying...if it bothers you that much then get the HTC One which will probably end up in a plastic case.

According to AndroidCentral, the S5 screen is now as bright and good as the Note 3 (which has one of the best screens I've ever used), a better camera, and waterproofing, not to mention theyre still one of the few phones to offer a micro sd slot.

If anything it should have had 3GB ram and started at 32GB instead of 16GB, but in every other instance it looks like a solid device.
The Following User Says Thank You to seoulbrova For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hamad138
Old
Thanks Meter 113
It does not need metal, but pls not that ugly, even moto g looks better

Samsung is only caring about our money, how to make the most money

Kawaisa
Old
Thanks Meter 210
I'd go out and say that it looks worse than the S4
Motorola V300 - Sony Ericsson K700i - Panasonic VS3 - Sony Ericsson W850i - HTC G1 - iPhone 2G - Samsung Vibrant - Samsung Galaxy S2 - HTC One S - Samsung Galaxy Note II - LG Nexus 4 - Samsung Galaxy S3 - Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - Sony Xperia Z Ultra GPe - OnePlus One

Joe0113
Old
Thanks Meter 1635

DONATE TO ME
Well look at my thread HERE... looks like we may be getting a metal one in May
Sprint Galaxy S3 Retired
Sprint Galaxy S4 Retired

Sprint Galaxy S5
ROM: MOAR v2
Kernel: Stock NE5 Kernel with some tweaks
Theme: Velur (Nova icon pack)
Modem: NE5
Apps I NEED: TiBu, Google Now, Beautiful Widgets, Greenify (Donate), Xposed, 8sms, NiLS/NiLS FP

Awesome Collection of Android Apps from XDA Developers!
Collection of Apps for Android Wear (Alphabetized and Categorized)!

seoulbrova
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamad138 View Post
It does not need metal, but pls not that ugly, even moto g looks better

Samsung is only caring about our money, how to make the most money
Samsung has the most aftermarket accessories out of any company other than Apple.

On ebay you can buy a replacement battery door that suits your needs for less than $5.

I dont know, the black looks pretty good to me.

Rippley05
Old
Thanks Meter 473
Quote:
Originally Posted by seoulbrova View Post

Seriously, over 90% of the time when I see someone with a phone they have it in a plastic case.

The uproar of the S5 is annoying...if it bothers you that much then get the HTC One which will probably end up in a plastic case.

According to AndroidCentral, the S5 screen is now as bright and good as the Note 3 (which has one of the best screens I've ever used), a better camera, and waterproofing, not to mention theyre still one of the few phones to offer a micro sd slot.

If anything it should have had 3GB ram and started at 32GB instead of 16GB, but in every other instance it looks like a solid device.
Waterproof because that's an issue the masses have right? People jumping on the ones who aren't blindly following samsung are equally as annoying.

It should have better material along with a fresh look. It should have a newer version of TW that looks/ feels new and doesn't crush 8+GB of storage. It should focus a little on the sound quality.

The HTC One had a totally revamped design and revamped version of Sense and it only won smartphone of the year. If this phone didn't say Samsung, it would be a huge fail

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

frankgreimes
Old
Thanks Meter 43
Quote:
Samsung has the most aftermarket accessories out of any company other than Apple.

On ebay you can buy a replacement battery door that suits your needs for less than $5.

I dont know, the black looks pretty good to me.
The back cover isn't the problem, like you said most are going to use a case. I certainly will buy the Buckdroid and the Otter Box Defender also don't confuse waterproof with water resistant. It's "only" water resitant not water proof.

tarpon6
Old
Thanks Meter 20
I don't want metal. Metal = heavier. I would have like a thin bezel though...

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S III Rom: Goodness 10.4 JB
Tablet: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Rom: Omega 2.1 JB

illmatic`
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I don't mind the plastic at all. Too many people complain about it not being metal. Plastic is lightweight, less prone to scratches or damages when dropped, and you can remove the cover for the battery/SD card, which is always a good thing.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to illmatic` For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dandroid13
Old
Thanks Meter 1704
Quote:

People aren't complaining because of plastic. The problem is the hype created becacuse of rumored UHD screen, 64bit processor, a giant battery and even the deal Sammy made with Google. I don't know if 3gb are really is necessary or not, I never used more than 1.3GB but 32GB of storage would be nice. Maybe it's because of the new rumored Galaxy F, they say the GS5 will be cheaper than the GS4 so it kinda makes sense.
Help me with my Dropbox referrals! --> Click here <--

Ubuntu - "humanidade com os outros" ou "sou o que sou pelo que nůs somos"