Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,360 Members 53,820 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Help please can't get download mode to unroot, will doing factory reset first help?

Tip us?
 
illinoisuser
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 11
Join Date: Feb 2014
Default Help please can't get download mode to unroot, will doing factory reset first help?

I rooted my LG G2 last week with ioroot22 and now i want to unroot but can't get into download mode. I have searched the forums and have read about downloading files and booting into ubuntu or something but that is way over my head. Can someone please help me? I am just not able to get used to Android
 
dirty2k9
Old
#2  
dirty2k9's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 34
Posts: 106
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Not Of This World
Quote:
Originally Posted by illinoisuser View Post
I rooted my LG G2 last week with ioroot22 and now i want to unroot but can't get into download mode. I have searched the forums and have read about downloading files and booting into ubuntu or something but that is way over my head. Can someone please help me? I am just not able to get used to Android
Follow these instructions:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2432476
Current Phone: At&t LG G2 Rooted
Rom: CloudyFlex
Recovery: TWRP 2.7
Xposed Framework
The Following User Says Thank You to dirty2k9 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
illinoisuser
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 11
Join Date: Feb 2014
Default thanks for answering, but i can't get to download mode

Hi thanks for answering but I have followed directions and can't get into download mode?
 
illinoisuser
Old
#4  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 11
Join Date: Feb 2014
I have followed directions to volume up and also tried to hold both volume buttons while plugging usb but nothing but battery charging?
 
razrlover
Old
#5  
razrlover's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 370
Posts: 996
Join Date: Mar 2012
Hold volume up for 3 seconds then press and hold power button.

Sent from my LG-D801 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
illinoisuser
Old
#6  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 11
Join Date: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by razrlover View Post
Hold volume up for 3 seconds then press and hold power button.

Sent from my LG-D801 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Thanks, I thought that worked because i came to a screen that says "firmware update" do not unplug until process complete but it stayed at 0%. I followed the guide to unroot and got to part where you unplug phone and power down and then go into download again, but i can't get it to power down, just that screen?
 
OreoBear
Old
#7  
OreoBear's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by illinoisuser View Post
Thanks, I thought that worked because i came to a screen that says "firmware update" do not unplug until process complete but it stayed at 0%. I followed the guide to unroot and got to part where you unplug phone and power down and then go into download again, but i can't get it to power down, just that screen?
(Not trying to thread jack, but I figure I'll post here since you've already got it starte) I am having a very similar issue to the "firmware update" message you are receiving in download mode. From what I've read you should be good to hold the power button down until the phone powers off. However, the issue lies in actually getting download mode to work correctly. Anyone have any suggestions?
 
illinoisuser
Old
#8  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 11
Join Date: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by OreoBear View Post
(Not trying to thread jack, but I figure I'll post here since you've already got it starte) I am having a very similar issue to the "firmware update" message you are receiving in download mode. From what I've read you should be good to hold the power button down until the phone powers off. However, the issue lies in actually getting download mode to work correctly. Anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks for your reply, I don't know exactly how but i followed another post about getting into recovery to get into download and it did a factory reset.
This is fine with me, but how do i erase all signs that the phone has been rooted. In settings it says nothing about being rooted, but i know that is too simple?
 
OreoBear
Old
#9  
OreoBear's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by illinoisuser View Post
Thanks for your reply, I don't know exactly how but i followed another post about getting into recovery to get into download and it did a factory reset.
This is fine with me, but how do i erase all signs that the phone has been rooted. In settings it says nothing about being rooted, but i know that is too simple?
I guess your simple solution would be to download superuser in the app store and see if you have root access, that would tell you for sure. Could you link to what tutorial you used? I swear I've followed every one I can find. Glad you got yours fixed.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Easily Combine Text and Manage Your Android Clipboard with StuffMerge

Android clipboard management has always been impractical without the … more

Pale Moon Browser Ported to Android

Having a wide choice of third party applications is one of the most beautiful things that Android has to … more

Partial Android Wear Source Uploaded to AOSP

2014 is certainly shaping up to be theyear of the wearables. And thanks to its innovative … more

Street Panorama Combines Google Maps and Street View into One App

Google Maps is a must have application forevery amateur world explorer. … more