More Android 5.0 Details Revealed, Microsoft Band Fitness Tracker – XDA TV

Google talks more about Android 5.0 Lollipop! That and much … more

Google Allows Search Queries To Interact With Apps

Android 5.0 Lollipop brings lots of new features that are quite useful for end users and … more

Lenovo Officially Owns Motorola, Following ~$3 Billion Deal

Google is now officially no longer the owner of American phone manufacturer … more

Microsoft Band Fitness Tracker Announced, Available

The wearable market has been around for a few years, with Pebble and Samsung smartwatches … more

G2 Changing the headphone button to control music playback

OP ash0074

26th February 2014, 07:54 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

10 posts
Hi all, hopefully someone can help me, I tried to do the change on my rooted phone from key 226 HEADSETHOOK to "key 226 MEDIA_PLAY_PAUSE"

Question is, my original line for key 226 HEADSETHOOK is formatted weird, it has no number sign and a few extra spaces stock. Do i replace it with key 226 MEDIA_PLAY_PAUSE, no number sign and no quotations? Do I mimic the spacing? Currently, this is what my headsethook looks like with the line before it and after it as well:
-------------------------------------------------------
# key 225 "KEY_BRIGHTNESSUP"
key 226 HEADSETHOOK

key 256 BUTTON_1

Note how mine has 3 spaces between 226 and headsethook....should I make the new code replacing it like this?:
key 226 MEDIA_PLAY_PAUSE (there are 3 spaces between 226 and media)

And should I still skip a line after it?
26th February 2014, 08:07 PM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member

10 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ash0074

Hi all, hopefully someone can help me, I tried to do the change on my rooted phone from key 226 HEADSETHOOK to "key 226 MEDIA_PLAY_PAUSE"

Question is, my original line for key 226 HEADSETHOOK is formatted weird, it has no number sign and a few extra spaces stock. Do i replace it with key 226 MEDIA_PLAY_PAUSE, no number sign and no quotations? Do I mimic the spacing? Currently, this is what my headsethook looks like with the line before it and after it as well:
# key 225 "KEY_BRIGHTNESSUP"
key 226 HEADSETHOOK

key 256 BUTTON_1

Note how mine has 3 spaces between 226 and headsethook....should I make the new code replacing it like this?:
key 226 MEDIA_PLAY_PAUSE (there are 3 spaces between 226 and media)

And should I still skip a line after it?

Another note, this post is removing my spaces, so they arent showing here but the spaces are on my phone.
26th February 2014, 08:30 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

10 posts
Ok, I got it to work, I switched 164 and 226 and i was able to pause and start my music, but now i can't answer calls with that button. Is it one or the other, is there no way to make a single button headset control calls and music?
4th March 2014, 05:28 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

10 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ash0074

Ok, I got it to work, I switched 164 and 226 and i was able to pause and start my music, but now i can't answer calls with that button. Is it one or the other, is there no way to make a single button headset control calls and music?

Anyone know anything on this?
12th March 2014, 04:04 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 2

53 posts
Volume?
That was most helpful. Note for everyone, it was the qwerty.kl file (info on finding it and such here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1229066)

Any thoughts on the volume up and down buttons maybe?
12th March 2014, 07:35 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 408

1,638 posts
try gonemad player
Last edited by bachera; 12th March 2014 at 07:45 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread