XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

G2 Changing the headphone button to control music playback

Tip us?

ash0074
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default G2 Changing the headphone button to control music playback

Hi all, hopefully someone can help me, I tried to do the change on my rooted phone from key 226 HEADSETHOOK to "key 226 MEDIA_PLAY_PAUSE"

Question is, my original line for key 226 HEADSETHOOK is formatted weird, it has no number sign and a few extra spaces stock. Do i replace it with key 226 MEDIA_PLAY_PAUSE, no number sign and no quotations? Do I mimic the spacing? Currently, this is what my headsethook looks like with the line before it and after it as well:
-------------------------------------------------------
# key 225 "KEY_BRIGHTNESSUP"
key 226 HEADSETHOOK

key 256 BUTTON_1

Note how mine has 3 spaces between 226 and headsethook....should I make the new code replacing it like this?:
key 226 MEDIA_PLAY_PAUSE (there are 3 spaces between 226 and media)

And should I still skip a line after it?

ash0074
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ash0074 View Post
Hi all, hopefully someone can help me, I tried to do the change on my rooted phone from key 226 HEADSETHOOK to "key 226 MEDIA_PLAY_PAUSE"

Question is, my original line for key 226 HEADSETHOOK is formatted weird, it has no number sign and a few extra spaces stock. Do i replace it with key 226 MEDIA_PLAY_PAUSE, no number sign and no quotations? Do I mimic the spacing? Currently, this is what my headsethook looks like with the line before it and after it as well:
# key 225 "KEY_BRIGHTNESSUP"
key 226 HEADSETHOOK

key 256 BUTTON_1

Note how mine has 3 spaces between 226 and headsethook....should I make the new code replacing it like this?:
key 226 MEDIA_PLAY_PAUSE (there are 3 spaces between 226 and media)

And should I still skip a line after it?

Another note, this post is removing my spaces, so they arent showing here but the spaces are on my phone.

ash0074
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Ok, I got it to work, I switched 164 and 226 and i was able to pause and start my music, but now i can't answer calls with that button. Is it one or the other, is there no way to make a single button headset control calls and music?

ash0074
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ash0074 View Post
Ok, I got it to work, I switched 164 and 226 and i was able to pause and start my music, but now i can't answer calls with that button. Is it one or the other, is there no way to make a single button headset control calls and music?
Anyone know anything on this?

jeffhesser
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Default Volume?

That was most helpful. Note for everyone, it was the qwerty.kl file (info on finding it and such here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1229066)

Any thoughts on the volume up and down buttons maybe?

bachera
Old
(Last edited by bachera; 12th March 2014 at 07:45 PM.)
Thanks Meter 194
try gonemad player