Android L is for Lockdown

Root is, without a doubt, the (un)holy grail of the Android world. Those wonderful permissions that allow you as … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: XHangouts Will Improve Your Hangouts

Ever since Google started supporting text messaging in Hangouts many people have … more

Shattered Screen? Turn Your Broken Device into a Complete Media Center!

A cracked screen usually means you’ll have to spend a hefty … more

Gmail 5.0: Material Design and Multiple Account Support

Google started to materialize many of its applications right after announcing the … more

(Q)Verizon Galaxy S4 Nightlies

OP Vzwhater

24th February 2014, 03:23 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3

24 posts
I'm using a gs4 on the nightly ROMs. Few issues I've noticed. I can't get the IR to work. It freezes what ever app tries to send it a command. After the most recent Feb 22-23 update my phone has been running hot and draining battery like crazy. Has anyone else experienced this or found solutions? Other then that its great.
24th February 2014, 01:41 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 1

13 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vzwhater

I'm using a gs4 on the nightly ROMs. Few issues I've noticed. I can't get the IR to work. It freezes what ever app tries to send it a command. After the most recent Feb 22-23 update my phone has been running hot and draining battery like crazy. Has anyone else experienced this or found solutions? Other then that its great.

a friend of mine is having the same problem.
24th February 2014, 04:02 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

24 posts
Update
I flashed the 2-24-14 Nightly last night, and that cleared up my recent issues, with the phone running hot, battery draining fast, and the camera not working. I also switched my Runtime from Dalvik to ART, I noticed an immediate difference, the phone seems much more snappier now. However still don't have a working IR emitter.
26th February 2014, 07:42 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

24 posts
the latest nightly has battery issues too. It doesn't seem that this developer is very active in the XDA forums. Guess i will stop running omnirom.
26th February 2014, 09:02 PM   |  #5  
Senior Recognized Developer
Flag Owego, NY
Thanks Meter: 24,465

13,346 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vzwhater

the latest nightly has battery issues too. It doesn't seem that this developer is very active in the XDA forums. Guess i will stop running omnirom.

Of the three jflte maintainers, one sold his device, one is MIA, and one was travelling for a few weeks.

jflte is probably one of the device families in worst shape right now.

Although it could be worse. Galaxy Superior (i9260) was brought up by someone, they got it merged in, and disappeared not long afterwards. If it hasn't been pulled from nightlies yet it will be soon.
26th February 2014, 09:06 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

24 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy512

Of the three jflte maintainers, one sold his device, one is MIA, and one was travelling for a few weeks.

jflte is probably one of the device families in worst shape right now.

Although it could be worse. Galaxy Superior (i9260) was brought up by someone, they got it merged in, and disappeared not long afterwards. If it hasn't been pulled from nightlies yet it will be soon.

If i can help in anyway, let me know.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread