5,597,313 Members 35,567 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Possible new devices in 2014 - Note 8.4" Pro

Tip us?

RobilarOCN
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Ah well that's a good point.

My you isn't there supposed to be a 32GB version of the Tab Pro 8.4 coming?

I get where you are coming from. I keep all of my ebooks on my tablet, to date about 5400 books. I've been buying them since ebooks were first released. It's about 3.6GB total. If I couldn't access them off the micro SD it would seriously cut into my tablet storage.

Kayak83
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by greyhulk View Post
It has always been this way. I had the GS4 and currently have the Note 3, Note 10.1 2014, and just got a Note Pro 8.4. I was hoping they fixed it in the Kitkat build, but they didn't. It's just a big fake out.

Everyone says "oh, but you have a micro SD slot" when you complain about internal space. I can only assume they have never actually looked at their available space after "moving" an app.

I am currently experimenting with Foldermount, but even if it works, it requires root, which isn't an option for everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 04:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:23 PM ----------

I use Comixology for ALL of my comics. It does not let you store the data on the SD card. I don't do the cbr comics.

Apps aren't my problem. It's the comics. I have 4 gigs worth currently. I buy whole series at a time and don't get around to reading them immediately. Could I wait to download them? Yes. Should I have to on a modern tablet in 2014? No.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree they don't make it totally seamless and easy. But I've never had a problem loading books onto an sd card. Sounds like that app might restrict the sd card storage option for piracy reasons as vendors tend to think side loaded data is pirated.

This is XDA after all and I'm sure there will be a solution soon enough. I'm actually hoping to avoid rooting his time around. I've always had to do workarounds to get my data onto the sd card.

---------- Post added at 06:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:25 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobilarOCN View Post
Ah well that's a good point.

My you isn't there supposed to be a 32GB version of the Tab Pro 8.4 coming?

I get where you are coming from. I keep all of my ebooks on my tablet, to date about 5400 books. I've been buying them since ebooks were first released. It's about 3.6GB total. If I couldn't access them off the micro SD it would seriously cut into my tablet storage.
I understand wanting to store all your data in one place but why not put it in the cloud and download what you are currently using when you need it. I doubt you're reading 5400 books at once. I have learned to rely more and more on cloud storage and the 50gb Dropbox is a nice bonus to my already huge Google drive storage.

RobilarOCN
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayak83 View Post
I agree they don't make it totally seamless and easy. But I've never had a problem loading books onto an sd card. Sounds like that app might restrict the sd card storage option for piracy reasons as vendors tend to think side loaded data is pirated.

This is XDA after all and I'm sure there will be a solution soon enough. I'm actually hoping to avoid rooting his time around. I've always had to do workarounds to get my data onto the sd card.

---------- Post added at 06:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:25 PM ----------

I understand wanting to store all your data in one place but why not put it in the cloud and download what you are currently using when you need it. I doubt you're reading 5400 books at once. I have learned to rely more and more on cloud storage and the 50gb Dropbox is a nice bonus to my already huge Google drive storage.
I travel for work alot... I rarely have wifi access unless my company pays for it. I've learned to avoid Cloud storage the hard way. Same reason I use tablets that take micro SD cards.

Kayak83
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobilarOCN View Post
I travel for work alot... I rarely have wifi access unless my company pays for it. I've learned to avoid Cloud storage the hard way. Same reason I use tablets that take micro SD cards.
Agreed. It's tougher with wifi.

efanatic
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Just picked up the 8.4 Pro and it has the same issues as my note 8. The apps to SD is worthless. Very little of anything gets moved over to the SD card. Guess if I'm going to keep this thing I will have to rooted and see if I can move the stuff over that way. Anyone have any suggestions?

Kayak83
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by efanatic View Post
Just picked up the 8.4 Pro and it has the same issues as my note 8. The apps to SD is worthless. Very little of anything gets moved over to the SD card. Guess if I'm going to keep this thing I will have to rooted and see if I can move the stuff over that way. Anyone have any suggestions?
Does this guide work? I've never tried it. Cloud works fine for me but I'd be interested in this is it works.

http://techgage.com/article/moving_y...to_an_sd_card/

efanatic
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayak83 View Post
Does this guide work? I've never tried it. Cloud works fine for me but I'd be interested in this is it works.

http://techgage.com/article/moving_y...to_an_sd_card/
I will read over that tomorrow. If it looks like its going to be a viable option I might just tackle it and see if it works. I have to install struts on my car tomorrow and if I got time I will see what I can do and will let you know

efanatic
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Dang. I downloaded 4 games last night and my internal memory is full. I have them all over on the sd card. This sucks. I hope that link you posted works or this is going back...

Sent from my SM-T320 using xda app-developers app

Beerkan
Old
(Last edited by Beerkan; 26th February 2014 at 09:20 PM.)
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerkan View Post
Stunned at the price in the UK for the wifi only version of the 8.4. 349. SERIOUSLY?

$399 would equate to around 250 in the UK and if the US was paying what 349 is, it would be more like $570 for you guys.

I'm a major Samsung supporter and major Samsung fan. I've had a couple of Samsung Tabs in the past, and at present have the Galaxy Tab 7.7. This has a Super AMOLED plus screen which has been exceptional and unsurpassed on a sub 9" device since it was released. (OK so only just beaten by the recent Nexus 7 v2.0).

So my Tab 7.7 has held up very well. And while I paid 349 for it back when I got it 2 years ago, I am seriously disappointed to see the new Tab Pro 8.4 come in @ 349. There's a lot more competition out there now and it should have been priced as such. I would maybe have stretched too 299 for it as a fanboi, and had hoped for it might be as low as 249. (i.e. US Price)

But seriously Samsung? 349 in the UK?

Sorry Samsung, but you just lost a sale. Don't expect stellar sales at that price.

Meantime I'l keep my 7.7.
OK People,. I'm going to have to eat my own words here. I just ordered one of these. However, if you order it direct from Samsung UK, it comes with a (limited time offer) 32GB SD Card.

But the ONLY reason I succumbed was I was able to nab an additional 10% off my order with a guaranteed next day delivery.

So I'm kind of happy. And yea, clearly still a fanboi.

P.S. Anyone looking for an immaculately kept, loving cared for, scratch free screen spanking new looking 7.7 running JB4.1.2?
Samsung SM-T320
Samsung GT-P6810
Samsung GT-P1000
Samsung SM-C101
Samsung GT-I9100
Samsung HD103UJ ATA
Samsung HD203WI ATA
Samsung S27A750D
Samsung 2232BW
Samsung LE40C530F1WXXU
You get the idea...