Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,925 Members 52,215 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Samsung Devices on T-Mobile; QUESTION!

Tip us?

galaxys3_xda
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Default Samsung Devices on T-Mobile; QUESTION!

I've been thinking of switching to T-Mobile. If I switch and get the Galaxy Note 2 (which will come with 4.3 installed), will I be able to root and flash like normal (CWM recovery and flash aosp 4.4.2 ROMS) OR will I be limited to safestrap and 4.3 TW Roms like we are on the Verizon models? I thought Verizon was the only carrier that still locked the boot loader.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

landshark68
Old
Thanks Meter 487
Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxys3_xda View Post
I've been thinking of switching to T-Mobile. If I switch and get the Galaxy Note 2 (which will come with 4.3 installed), will I be able to root and flash like normal (CWM recovery and flash aosp 4.4.2 ROMS) OR will I be limited to safestrap and 4.3 TW Roms like we are on the Verizon models? I thought Verizon was the only carrier that still locked the boot loader.

Probably best to search for your answer in the T-Mobile Note 2 forum or ask your question there:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/note-2-tmobile
Shouldn't we treat this world like the garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?

Sometimes you go to the circus.......sometimes the circus comes to you

buhohitr
Old
Thanks Meter 1490
Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxys3_xda View Post

Yes, should go to Tmobile forum, but you should be in luck, since other carriers are not like stupid Verizon, you should able to unlock and flash custom rom http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2634341