Samsung Devices on T-Mobile; QUESTION!

26th February 2014, 10:28 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Madison
Thanks Meter: 17

67 posts
More
I've been thinking of switching to T-Mobile. If I switch and get the Galaxy Note 2 (which will come with 4.3 installed), will I be able to root and flash like normal (CWM recovery and flash aosp 4.4.2 ROMS) OR will I be limited to safestrap and 4.3 TW Roms like we are on the Verizon models? I thought Verizon was the only carrier that still locked the boot loader.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
26th February 2014, 06:01 PM   |  #2  
Illinois
Thanks Meter: 558

1,018 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxys3_xda

I've been thinking of switching to T-Mobile. If I switch and get the Galaxy Note 2 (which will come with 4.3 installed), will I be able to root and flash like normal (CWM recovery and flash aosp 4.4.2 ROMS) OR will I be limited to safestrap and 4.3 TW Roms like we are on the Verizon models? I thought Verizon was the only carrier that still locked the boot loader.

Probably best to search for your answer in the T-Mobile Note 2 forum or ask your question there:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/note-2-tmobile
26th February 2014, 09:32 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 1,528

5,200 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxys3_xda

Yes, should go to Tmobile forum, but you should be in luck, since other carriers are not like stupid Verizon, you should able to unlock and flash custom rom http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2634341
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread

Top Threads in Verizon Galaxy S III Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank