Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,814 Members 51,457 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Bell D803 constant re-boot

Tip us?
 
zprovo
Old
#21  
Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 37
Join Date: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by natureburger View Post
Hmmmm..... why your adb devices is not working? But the re-pair works and you can then do hard reset.
But that is good information you shared.
Maybe someone else can chime in.

From my experience:

1) adb usb access seems spotty. My win 7 64 connected fine and it even kept the shell through the reboot cycle. But on my win 7 32 machine it was only detecting device and then not able to shell.

2) I was also able to use from the LG website LG MOBILE SUPPORT TOOLS.

Download the LG MOBILE SUPPORT TOOL
I downloaded the most recent one from the LG website and make sure to select your options >> country and then the correct phone model at the upper right hand corner of the tool.

Then install USB driver for correct phone model.
Then see if USB works, "adb device" should return the device code.

"adb shell" should show the shell prompt.

3) There is always fastboot. But I an noob and know 0% about how to properly connect and use it.

Some others please chime in and help this droid bro!
Thanks! Initially was using my x64 main computer. Now trying on a x86 will report results.

Will try the "mobile support tools"

Any other advice is greatly appreciated. Seriously.

Phone is a total loss at this point so I will try anything.
 
natureburger
Old
#22  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 27
Posts: 80
Join Date: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by zprovo View Post
Thanks! Initially was using my x64 main computer. Now trying on a x86 will report results.

Will try the "mobile support tools"

Any other advice is greatly appreciated. Seriously.

Phone is a total loss at this point so I will try anything.
^^ Keep your chin up and don't panic or despair. The fact that you can get into OS is good news.

Maybe it will take longer but you will find a solution. Stay positive +++ and go for a walk and forget about it to clear your thinking.
 
zprovo
Old
#23  
Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 37
Join Date: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by natureburger View Post
^^ Keep your chin up and don't panic or despair. The fact that you can get into OS is good news.

Maybe it will take longer but you will find a solution. Stay positive +++ and go for a walk and forget about it to clear your thinking.
I am sure we would be friends irl if we met.

I think the same way you do... Thanks a lot for your help. I would take a walk but its about -20c outside...

But to be honest, the fact that everything seems operational is what worries me... In the back of my mind lies the dark and cloudy thought of: "THE REALM OF PERMANENT HARDWARE ISSUES"...

I sort of look at these thoughts hiding in the corner and they seem to be growing by the minute...

Anybody with any ideas let me know, I am all ears. If my English seems crappy, well it is. Sorry. Doing my best.

Should I start a new thread? Kind of hijacked this one.
 
natureburger
Old
#24  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 27
Posts: 80
Join Date: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by zprovo View Post
I am sure we would be friends irl if we met.

I think the same way you do... Thanks a lot for your help. I would take a walk but its about -20c outside...

But to be honest, the fact that everything seems operational is what worries me... In the back of my mind lies the dark and cloudy thought of: "THE REALM OF PERMANENT HARDWARE ISSUES"...

I sort of look at these thoughts hiding in the corner and they seem to be growing by the minute...

Anybody with any ideas let me know, I am all ears. If my English seems crappy, well it is. Sorry. Doing my best.

Should I start a new thread? Kind of hijacked this one.

You are welcome

Probably good to start a new thread to focus on your specific issue.
Tags
lg g2 canada bell d803
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA Xposed Tuesday: DonkeyGuard, Don’t Be a Donkey, Control Your Device – XDA Developer TV

Some applications ask for the world … more

Use Facebook Pictures as a LWP with Facebook View

One of the best things that Android has always offeredits users is the ability to tailor … more

Share Your Thoughts Anonymously with A Minimalist Social Network

Nowadays, almost everyone has a second life onthe Internet. Among the best … more

Enable Heads Up Notifications For The Sprint Galaxy S3

Heads up notifications, in case you didn’t already know, are an experimental … more