XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] sprint s4 on Verizon network

Tip us?

spiderbolt
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default [Q] sprint s4 on Verizon network

So I am picking up a sprint s4 and was wondering if I could use it on vzw network I have read into apns a Lil but never really messed with them so don't know how easy/hard it would b to do. And if I were to be able to do that would I have to use sprint roms or could I use vzw roms

cruise350
Old
Thanks Meter 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderbolt View Post
So I am picking up a sprint s4 and was wondering if I could use it on vzw network I have read into apns a Lil but never really messed with them so don't know how easy/hard it would b to do. And if I were to be able to do that would I have to use sprint roms or could I use vzw roms
Sell it and buy a Verizon s4. Sprint's s4 is not compatible with Verizon's LTE signal. You would only be able to use 3g.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk
Phones & Tablets: Galaxy S4, Galaxy Note 8", Evo 4g LTE, Evo 3D, Acer Iconia A500, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, Ipad 2, Nabi 2,

Rom: Rooted Stock Odexed, Hotspot Mod, Xposed, Wanum
Firmware: NAE
Kernel: Stock
TWRP: 2.6.3.0

spiderbolt
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruise350 View Post
Sell it and buy a Verizon s4. Sprint's s4 is not compatible with Verizon's LTE signal. You would only be able to use 3g.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk
OK thanks n I'm OK with only 3rd working

cruise350
Old
Thanks Meter 562
I guess I should have told you it really isn't possible. Verizon won't activate a Sprint phone on their network. So you would have to clone an existing Verizon phone's esn in order for it to work. So basically you are better off with it on Sprint our sell it.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
Phones & Tablets: Galaxy S4, Galaxy Note 8", Evo 4g LTE, Evo 3D, Acer Iconia A500, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, Ipad 2, Nabi 2,

Rom: Rooted Stock Odexed, Hotspot Mod, Xposed, Wanum
Firmware: NAE
Kernel: Stock
TWRP: 2.6.3.0