5,597,007 Members 48,081 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Disable quick launch for camera????

Tip us?

wizholt7
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Question Disable quick launch for camera????

This is driving me crazy! There is a feature on the G2 where of the screen is off you can press and hold the volume down for 3 seconds and the camera will launch. Is there a way to disable this??? It bypasses the lock screen which is a no no!
Phone History: LG PM-225 => Samsung A640 => Motorola Q => HTC Touch Pro => HTC Touch Pro 2 => HTC Evo 4G => Palm Pixi => Samsung Moment => Samsung Intercept => LG Optimus => HTC EVO 3D => Samsung Epic Touch => HTC Evo 4G => Samsung Note 2 => Kyocera Torque => Motorola Photon Q => Samsung Galaxy S4 => LG G2 => Kyocera Torque

vPro97
Old
Thanks Meter 190
There isn't as far as I know. However, putting a case on the phone solves the issue

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Please hit the "Thanks" button if you found my post useful !

Optimise the battery life of your LG G2 without root!

Steamer86
Old
Thanks Meter 126
It does not bypass the lockscreen if you have anything besides swipe and no lock set set... the proximity sensor won't let it even work if covered. VS980.

Nickyro23
Old
Thanks Meter 8
You can with xposed if you're rooted, otherwise I don't think there is a way to disable it completely.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

bruisah
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steamer86 View Post
It does not bypass the lockscreen if you have anything besides swipe and no lock set set... the proximity sensor won't let it even work if covered. VS980.
The proximity sensor doesn't prevent the camera or QuickMemo app from launching off the volume buttons (when locked) - just tried this by covering the sensor - camer/app still launch. However, the QuickWindow case does prevent this action when the case is closed...

Get a QuickWindow case (or stick a magnet on the screen about two thirds up the left hand side )

B.