Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,340 Members 43,102 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] + [H] how to root ?

Tip us?

kobi_shalom
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Default [Q] + [H] how to root ?

how i can to root my N900V ?
N900VVRUBMJE
Android 4.3

and i use with "Cellcom" Sim card and I have a message - "Non-Verizon SIM"
how can i hide this ?

bigmiketn
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I used kingo root for mje. There is a thread in the genral section titled "All things root......" that has a lot of information about rooting the VZW version of the note 3. I do not know about your second question though.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Grifftology
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmiketn View Post
I used kingo root for mje. There is a thread in the genral section titled "All things root......" that has a lot of information about rooting the VZW version of the note 3. I do not know about your second question though.

Mike...You got the latest OTA and were still able to root?

bigmiketn
Old
(Last edited by bigmiketn; 27th February 2014 at 02:15 AM.)
Thanks Meter 4
No, actually I didn't get mje ota. It kept failing for some reason. I had to install it with odin. But yes I was able to root mje. Forgive me its been a while since I rooted it, but I do remember that it would not work with the stock cord. I had to use the cord from my droid 4. I tried several before it would register.

kobi_shalom
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Then you can explain to me how to root ?

bigmiketn
Old
Thanks Meter 4
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2566025. I followed the instructions on this thread to root my phone.

l8nite
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy Help with Rooting Note 3

Looking for some help, trying to root my brand new Note 3 on Verizon and not having any luck.
Things I have tried.
Kingo multiple computers fails every time either unstable connection or bad script
I don't have antivirus on my Windows 7 X64 machine nor on my Windows 8.1 machine.
I have tried 2 different cables. one from my HTC and one from my Samsung note 3 (not using USB 3.0)
rebooted device, double, tripled checked that USB debug, and allow unknown sources are checked

universal de la vega.. fails and soft bricks my phone and I have to recover.
Cf-root haven't tried as I can't find the tar file for my Verizon phone.

Does anyone have any insight on were to look.

Can I flash a rom that is already rooted using Odin?

At this point I need WiFi tether for work or I will lose my mind. and could care less about Knox.

Thanks for any and all help

Misterxtc
Old
Thanks Meter 869
Quote:
Originally Posted by l8nite View Post
Looking for some help, trying to root my brand new Note 3 on Verizon and not having any luck.
Things I have tried.
Kingo multiple computers fails every time either unstable connection or bad script
I don't have antivirus on my Windows 7 X64 machine nor on my Windows 8.1 machine.
I have tried 2 different cables. one from my HTC and one from my Samsung note 3 (not using USB 3.0)
rebooted device, double, tripled checked that USB debug, and allow unknown sources are checked

universal de la vega.. fails and soft bricks my phone and I have to recover.
Cf-root haven't tried as I can't find the tar file for my Verizon phone.

Does anyone have any insight on were to look.

Can I flash a rom that is already rooted using Odin?

At this point I need WiFi tether for work or I will lose my mind. and could care less about Knox.

Thanks for any and all help
Try Vroot it should work. Just replace the Chinese superuser with Chainfires supersu when you are rooted.You can not flash a rooted rom through Odin it will brick your phone because the signature will fail.
The Following User Says Thank You to Misterxtc For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

l8nite
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default 3238948640

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misterxtc View Post
Try Vroot it should work. Just replace the Chinese superuser with Chainfires supersu when you are rooted.You can not flash a rooted rom through Odin it will brick your phone because the signature will fail.
SWEET!!!!! It Worked! I have root!

Misterxtc
Old
Thanks Meter 869
Quote:
Originally Posted by l8nite View Post
SWEET!!!!! It Worked! I have root!
Cool, I forgot to tell you that it's safe to uninstall the other Chinese app that gets installed. I have no idea what it is but it can go. I've used both Kingo and Vroot with no problems with the phone. Enjoy root, flash safestrap v1.65 and stary enjoying the ROMs http://forum.xda-developers.com/veri...-3/development . If you need help with safestrap go to the link 4 posts up AZbiker wrote up.