FORUMS

PSA: You Can Optimize Your Note 4’s Recents Menu & RAM

The Note 4 never had the fastest Recents Menu, and despite its 3GB of RAM, … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (July 25 – Aug 1)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Voices Of XDA: Orbiting The Earth With Android

Editor’s note: This week’s feature has been written by forum … more

CloudPlayer: DIY HiFi Music Streaming Solution

In our Helpful Guide to Music Streaming Services, we mentioned several different services … more

[Q] + [H] how to root ?

145 posts
Thanks Meter: 10
 
By kobi_shalom, Senior Member on 26th February 2014, 11:22 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
how i can to root my N900V ?
N900VVRUBMJE
Android 4.3

and i use with "Cellcom" Sim card and I have a message - "Non-Verizon SIM"
how can i hide this ?
 
 
26th February 2014, 11:31 PM |#2  
Junior Member
Flag Gallatin, TN
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
I used kingo root for mje. There is a thread in the genral section titled "All things root......" that has a lot of information about rooting the VZW version of the note 3. I do not know about your second question though.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
27th February 2014, 01:45 AM |#3  
Grifftology's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmiketn

I used kingo root for mje. There is a thread in the genral section titled "All things root......" that has a lot of information about rooting the VZW version of the note 3. I do not know about your second question though.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Mike...You got the latest OTA and were still able to root?
27th February 2014, 02:02 AM |#4  
Junior Member
Flag Gallatin, TN
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
No, actually I didn't get mje ota. It kept failing for some reason. I had to install it with odin. But yes I was able to root mje. Forgive me its been a while since I rooted it, but I do remember that it would not work with the stock cord. I had to use the cord from my droid 4. I tried several before it would register.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Last edited by bigmiketn; 27th February 2014 at 02:15 AM.
27th February 2014, 06:47 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 10
 
More
Then you can explain to me how to root ?
27th February 2014, 03:42 PM |#6  
Junior Member
Flag Gallatin, TN
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2566025. I followed the instructions on this thread to root my phone.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
27th February 2014, 06:52 PM |#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Unhappy Help with Rooting Note 3
Looking for some help, trying to root my brand new Note 3 on Verizon and not having any luck.
Things I have tried.
Kingo multiple computers fails every time either unstable connection or bad script
I don't have antivirus on my Windows 7 X64 machine nor on my Windows 8.1 machine.
I have tried 2 different cables. one from my HTC and one from my Samsung note 3 (not using USB 3.0)
rebooted device, double, tripled checked that USB debug, and allow unknown sources are checked

universal de la vega.. fails and soft bricks my phone and I have to recover.
Cf-root haven't tried as I can't find the tar file for my Verizon phone.

Does anyone have any insight on were to look.

Can I flash a rom that is already rooted using Odin?

At this point I need WiFi tether for work or I will lose my mind. and could care less about Knox.

Thanks for any and all help
27th February 2014, 07:08 PM |#8  
Misterxtc's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 2,187
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by l8nite

Looking for some help, trying to root my brand new Note 3 on Verizon and not having any luck.
Things I have tried.
Kingo multiple computers fails every time either unstable connection or bad script
I don't have antivirus on my Windows 7 X64 machine nor on my Windows 8.1 machine.
I have tried 2 different cables. one from my HTC and one from my Samsung note 3 (not using USB 3.0)
rebooted device, double, tripled checked that USB debug, and allow unknown sources are checked

universal de la vega.. fails and soft bricks my phone and I have to recover.
Cf-root haven't tried as I can't find the tar file for my Verizon phone.

Does anyone have any insight on were to look.

Can I flash a rom that is already rooted using Odin?

At this point I need WiFi tether for work or I will lose my mind. and could care less about Knox.

Thanks for any and all help

Try Vroot it should work. Just replace the Chinese superuser with Chainfires supersu when you are rooted.You can not flash a rooted rom through Odin it will brick your phone because the signature will fail.
The Following User Says Thank You to Misterxtc For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th February 2014, 07:44 PM |#9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
3238948640
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misterxtc

Try Vroot it should work. Just replace the Chinese superuser with Chainfires supersu when you are rooted.You can not flash a rooted rom through Odin it will brick your phone because the signature will fail.

SWEET!!!!! It Worked! I have root!
27th February 2014, 07:50 PM |#10  
Misterxtc's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 2,187
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by l8nite

SWEET!!!!! It Worked! I have root!

Cool, I forgot to tell you that it's safe to uninstall the other Chinese app that gets installed. I have no idea what it is but it can go. I've used both Kingo and Vroot with no problems with the phone. Enjoy root, flash safestrap v1.65 and stary enjoying the ROMs http://forum.xda-developers.com/veri...-3/development . If you need help with safestrap go to the link 4 posts up AZbiker wrote up.
28th February 2014, 04:09 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 10
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misterxtc

Cool, I forgot to tell you that it's safe to uninstall the other Chinese app that gets installed. I have no idea what it is but it can go. I've used both Kingo and Vroot with no problems with the phone. Enjoy root, flash safestrap v1.65 and stary enjoying the ROMs http://forum.xda-developers.com/veri...-3/development . If you need help with safestrap go to the link 4 posts up AZbiker wrote up.

I want to install a full Hebrew, You might know how to do it?

And how can I install CWM? I'm trying to do this in ODIN failed

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Verizon Galaxy Note 3 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank