Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,547 Members 43,117 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Developers Edition not updating

Tip us?

silver7x
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Developers Edition not updating

Hello, I have a Galaxy S4 developers edition stock with version 4.2.2. I have never rooted it or changed the ROM in any way. Yet for some reason I have yet to get a single update from Verizon or Samsung ... Everything I am reading says I should have 4.4 by now .. At least 4.3... Is there a reason why I am not getting update.
Thank you.

asharad
Old
Thanks Meter 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver7x View Post
Hello, I have a Galaxy S4 developers edition stock with version 4.2.2. I have never rooted it or changed the ROM in any way. Yet for some reason I have yet to get a single update from Verizon or Samsung ... Everything I am reading says I should have 4.4 by now .. At least 4.3... Is there a reason why I am not getting update.
Thank you.
Developers Editions don't receive updates. I guess they assume that anyone with a Dev Edition will ROM it.

jhasty01
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Hello silver7x,

I noticed your post saying that you have a Dev s4. As you may know there are people trying to unlock the bootloader for the retail version of the s4. Would you be willing to take 5-10 minutes to help them out by sending a copy of your aboot to: Surge1223 ?

We would all greatly appreciate your help. If you need help figuring out how to do so, check out his thread for unlocking the bootloader. Or send him a PM labeled "S4 Dev aboot"

Thank you!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda app-developers app

silver7x
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
I would be more than happy to help in any way I can. I will look at the process tonight and see how to extract the information and send it.

With regards to my original question, How does one with a developers edition phone get a stock copy of Samsung's 4.4.2

Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to silver7x For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

k1mu
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1521

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I would be more than happy to help in any way I can. I will look at the process tonight and see how to extract the information and send it.

With regards to my original question, How does one with a developers edition phone get a stock copy of Samsung's 4.4.2

Thanks
There's no Stock KitKat ROM for the Verizon phone at the moment. You'll have to wait until VZ releases 4.4.2.
My Android devices:
vzw Samsung Galaxy S4 stock NC5 rooted
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, also stock but rooted.

VZ Droid Incredible 2 rooted but otherwise stock.
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

jhasty01
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:

Thanks
Here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surge1223 View Post
adb shell
su
dd if=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/aboot of=/sdcard/devaboot.mbn

old&slow
Old
Thanks Meter 1268

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhasty01 View Post
Here

Little bit more involved. He's not rooted yet.

jhasty01
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by old&slow View Post
Little bit more involved. He's not rooted yet.

This should help!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...9&postcount=70

The Following User Says Thank You to jhasty01 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]