Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,708 Members 52,951 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Un-do Encryption help!!

Tip us?

firstrock
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q] Un-do Encryption help!!

Long story short....my wife updated my MAXX DE to 4.4 while I was rooted on 4.2.2. This messed my phone up, SO I used RSDLite to flas a custom FXZ file to go back to 4.2.2.

My problem is that my phone was encrypted before any of this happened. Now that I have flashed the system image, I get the unlock encryption dialog screen and when I input my password, it says incorrect password. Now I have no way to gain access to my phone.

Any idea's on how to proceed??

TIA

hawkswind1
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Now that you're on 4.2.2 again, I believe if you run the non-modified 4.2.2 FXZ it will remove the encryption.

doogald
Old
Thanks Meter 310
I've seen this before. Try this: http://forums.androidcentral.com/mot...ml#post3396422
The Following User Says Thank You to doogald For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

firstrock
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by doogald View Post
That worked doogald!!!! Thanks man!!!

The command that I ran from ADB was fastboot erase userdata. This erased my user data, to include the encryption of the partition tables.
The Following User Says Thank You to firstrock For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

doogald
Old
Thanks Meter 310
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstrock View Post
That worked doogald!!!! Thanks man!!!

The command that I ran from ADB was fastboot erase userdata. This erased my user data, to include the encryption of the partition tables.
Good news. My phone is encrypted right now and I have this one mentally filed in case I need it.