5,597,084 Members 46,424 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How to stop Bluetooth from auto-playing on connection?

Tip us?
 
ars0n
Old
#11  
ars0n's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 76
Posts: 249
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Las Vegas

 
DONATE TO ME
Open up google music, then go to settings or menu and look for the autoconnect and or blue tooth settings and disable. It only disables Bluetooth for that app. BT will work other wise.
 
hydeah
Old
#12  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Posts: 341
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by carbon12 View Post
Auto play is a feature of A2DP just as auto connect is. There is mostly likely a setting somewhere in the vehicle's system to shut it off. If not, well then just remember, life's good...
It's better when it is not forced on you by a few kids in Vienna Choir... Maybe I should put a random file with silence like 5 minute mp3 file of silence.. It won't help if I listen to something else and then turn the music player off because when I come back it won't go back to the 1st song, it will resume playback from where it left off, so still, just a temp ghetto fix won't really help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars0n View Post
Open up google music, then go to settings or menu and look for the autoconnect and or blue tooth settings and disable. It only disables Bluetooth for that app. BT will work other wise.
I believe you are referring to Play Music? It has no settings at all.
 
ars0n
Old
(Last edited by ars0n; 11th December 2013 at 07:44 PM.)
#13  
ars0n's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 76
Posts: 249
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Las Vegas

 
DONATE TO ME
yup they changed the menu and options, very weird, it used to be an option in there.
 
hydeah
Old
#14  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Posts: 341
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by ars0n View Post
yup they changed the menu and options, very weird, it used to be an option in there.
Which music app are you using? I can just downgrade or use 3rd party music player that has option to disable autoplay or bluetooth connection, and then set that music app as my default app, and give that a try in the car.
I am pretty sure vehicle hits Play as soon as Bluetooth or "D800" is selected as source on my dash radio.


PS: I wonder if we should move this thread into a regular Android discussion area, looks like this is not specific to LG G2..
 
ars0n
Old
#15  
ars0n's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 76
Posts: 249
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Las Vegas

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by hydeah View Post
Which music app are you using? I can just downgrade or use 3rd party music player that has option to disable autoplay or bluetooth connection, and then set that music app as my default app, and give that a try in the car.
I am pretty sure vehicle hits Play as soon as Bluetooth or "D800" is selected as source on my dash radio.


PS: I wonder if we should move this thread into a regular Android discussion area, looks like this is not specific to LG G2..
I use pandora mostly, but poweramp is my default player and has been for sometime. There are some options under the connections for BT to turn off auto play and other BT streaming options in there as well. MY car also auto connects but there is something on the phone telling it to start playing, and or something has the life is good set to your notification? so when you do connect it plays that sound as a notification?
 
hydeah
Old
(Last edited by hydeah; 11th December 2013 at 09:59 PM.)
#16  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Posts: 341
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by ars0n View Post
yup they changed the menu and options, very weird, it used to be an option in there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ars0n View Post
I use pandora mostly, but poweramp is my default player and has been for sometime. There are some options under the connections for BT to turn off auto play and other BT streaming options in there as well. MY car also auto connects but there is something on the phone telling it to start playing, and or something has the life is good set to your notification? so when you do connect it plays that sound as a notification?

Nope, Life is Good is the 1st song. If I remove that then it will start playing 2nd song. It is actually playing using media player, so it is not notification. So if I delete all Vienna Choir stuff, it won't have anything to play, if I add Led Zeppelin, it will start playing the Led, more bearable, but still annoying..
Does poweramp have the option? I will try it.

If we could find a way to block Music Player from Bluetooth access controls, that would also work, but there is no such setting in 4.2.

OK, I installed Poweramp, set it as Default player, disabled Resume on Bluetooth and then stopped Music Player related services, we'll see what happens now.
 
hydeah
Old
#17  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Posts: 341
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: New York
Update:
It didn't work. I tried poweramp and even with that as default player, I got LG music start playback. I had the option unchecked in poweramp .

Sent from my LG-D800
 
dankoman
Old
#18  
dankoman's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1560
Posts: 1,118
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Philly
Quote:
Originally Posted by hydeah View Post
Update:
It didn't work. I tried poweramp and even with that as default player, I got LG music start playback. I had the option unchecked in poweramp .

Sent from my LG-D800
have you tried this? https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....and.stop.play

This is called the search box. It is your friend. Don't be afraid to ask it questions.
Hammerhead Slim TWRP
 
hydeah
Old
#19  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Posts: 341
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by dankoman View Post
Looks great, I moved to Blackberry Z30 for the time being but I will definitely try this with G2 so I know there can be something that can finally put a stop to this annoyance.
Thanks.
 
Little Bigboy
Old
#20  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 127
Posts: 548
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Orlando, Fl
Quote:
Originally Posted by hydeah View Post
Looks great, I moved to Blackberry Z30 for the time being but I will definitely try this with G2 so I know there can be something that can finally put a stop to this annoyance.
Thanks.
its google music, same annoything happened to me all the time until i uninstalled google music all together and it stopped. its definitely nothing in the car bluetooth settings so dont go fiddling around with that .

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


TRENDING IN THEMER...