5,599,478 Members 39,318 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] TWRP 2.6.3.1 jftlevzw does not work with mk2?

Tip us?

JME007
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Developer Phone

need some help. I Purchased a used S4 Developer Edition Phone. Problem is it has I545VRUEMK2 on. The phone says its a developer phone on the back buy the battery. But I still cant load a custom recovery. I was told the Boot Loader couldn't be locked on this developer phone. could somebody please point me in the right direction. Thanks.

Mistertac
Old
Thanks Meter 654
Quote:
Originally Posted by JME007 View Post
need some help. I Purchased a used S4 Developer Edition Phone. Problem is it has I545VRUEMK2 on. The phone says its a developer phone on the back buy the battery. But I still cant load a custom recovery. I was told the Boot Loader couldn't be locked on this developer phone. could somebody please point me in the right direction. Thanks.
There was a thread on here I think by Skeetch that's for your phone and I'm pretty sure you're answers are in there... For the life of me I can't find it though. I'll keep looking for you

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 12:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 PM ----------

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2637686
If noone here answers you go to that that... I'm sure he can help

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Skeetch79
Old
(Last edited by Skeetch79; 25th February 2014 at 06:01 PM.)
Thanks Meter 112
Quote:
Is I545VRUEMK2 the build or baseband? Developer phones have I545OYU (I545VRU is for retail S4's). Developer phones only had the following builds on them: I545OYUAMDK (original), I545OYUEMJ7 and I545OYUEMK2. If your build is one of these then you are ok and someone loaded the retail mode/radio onto it. You can visit my thread which Mistertac referenced and flash different modem and/or radios.

Also, if you want to double check to see whether your phone is still in developer mode, load the phone into Download mode: Power off the phone, then hold the Power Button and Volume down together. When the green warning screen comes up, press Volume Up to accept and enter download mode. The text in the upper left corner of the screen in download mode should list: "Mode: Developer" - small and gray text. To reboot just hold the Power Button until the phone turns off then hold power again to boot back up.

Keep me posted!

Edit: Also the only recoveries I can run with my I545OYUEMK2 DevS4 are Philz Touch Recovery and SafeStrap v3.71 from HashCode which is TWRP based. TWRP by itself boots me directly into Download Mode (was able to load TWRP while on I545OYUAMDK). Assuming your phone is still a Developer Edition device, if you ever have any issues with recoveries putting you into download mode, just use Odin and my thread to download the necessary file to restore boot and/or recovery.
The Following User Says Thank You to Skeetch79 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

k1mu
Old
Thanks Meter 1242

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Whomever told you that the boot loader couldn't be locked is mistaken. If you flash a non-developer bootloader onto a developer phone, it now has a locked bootloader. Unfortunately, there's no way to undo that until (unless) the developers figure out how to unlock the bootloader.

Install the "Phone INFO * Samsung *" app from the play store and open it. What does it say for the Bootloader Version?
There's also a "Phone Info" app that can display the bootloader version as well.
My Android devices:
vzw Samsung Galaxy S4 stock MJ7, now rooted!
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, also stock but rooted.

VZ Droid Incredible 2 rooted but otherwise stock.
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
The Following User Says Thank You to k1mu For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

JME007
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thank you for the reply. Looks like I am sol. That sucks. I have a developer phone with a locked bootloader.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2