5,606,465 Members 33,440 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Atrix 2 Camera not working. Help please!

Tip us?

meangreen316
Old
(Last edited by meangreen316; 5th December 2013 at 02:57 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Atrix 2 Camera not working. Help please!

Hey guys,

I just got a Atrix 2 from a buddy of mine who recently upgraded phones. The screen is cracked and has 2 black spots, so I ordered a new screen and digitizer for it.

Anyways, the only other issue is that the camera does not work. I did a factory reset, and installed the ICS upgrade from android 2.3. Thinking maybe that would fix the camera not working issue. But it did not. Front camera works occasionally, but main camera never does and FC's camera app.

Is this a hardware or software issue? Are there any troubleshooting that I could try? If the camera itself is bad, I would simply install a new one while I have the phone tore down to install new screen and digitizer.

Any input or suggestions would be much appreciated guys!

Thank you!

Kshitijs
Old
Thanks Meter 3

DONATE TO ME
Try installing the "Ucam" app from the playstore and check if you can open it.

Why upgraded to ICS when jellybean is already available??(I think you did system update in the setting) If the above app also dosnt work then you can try installing a jellybean rom and check..

Is your sd card properly working?

meangreen316
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thank you for the reply! I tried installing the camera app you mentioned, and still does not work. It force closes, unless you choose the front camera.

As for why i didn't install JellyBean, honestly ive never rooted a phone nor have i installed a rom or the like. I simply downloaded and installed the OTA update to ICS. I wouldnt even know where to begin to root or install a custom Rom to be honest lol

Is it possible the camera hardware itself is bad? I downloaded a flashlight app, and the flash does not work either.

Thanks again guys!

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

Kshitijs
Old
Thanks Meter 3

DONATE TO ME
I also have experianced similar problems with the camera couple of times long ago..(probably when I was in ICS)

A simple reboot used to fix the issue..

I am not sure about your case.

SannanWasique
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by meangreen316 View Post
Hey guys,

I just got a Atrix 2 from a buddy of mine who recently upgraded phones. The screen is cracked and has 2 black spots, so I ordered a new screen and digitizer for it.

Anyways, the only other issue is that the camera does not work. I did a factory reset, and installed the ICS upgrade from android 2.3. Thinking maybe that would fix the camera not working issue. But it did not. Front camera works occasionally, but main camera never does and FC's camera app.

Is this a hardware or software issue? Are there any troubleshooting that I could try? If the camera itself is bad, I would simply install a new one while I have the phone tore down to install new screen and digitizer.

Any input or suggestions would be much appreciated guys!

Thank you!
did u find any solution ?

cecial
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by SannanWasique View Post
did u find any solution ?
to verify whether it is a hardware fault, i think you'd better to try several other ROMs first,
then you can have a conclusion....