Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,646 Members 46,445 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HP slate 7 extreme a plain tegra note?

Tip us?

prichm1992
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default HP slate 7 extreme a plain tegra note?

Just wondering if anybody's tried to flash tn7 ROMs on their s7e? And does the s7e read the same model number as the tegra note? P1640?

Sent from my SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app

lreillyi
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I've been stuck trying to figure out how to adb on my slate 7 extreme for weeks. Tried every driver and every cord and port. So while I'd love to confirm that it is the same... I'm still not sure.

nejinikko
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Same here looking for a root

Sent from my HP Slate7 Extreme using xda app-developers app

Mobilla
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I was able to root it after some playing around,
you need to use the universal naked drivers (Nvidia Shield) for both adb and fastboot.
To unlock you have to specifiy the vendorid to fastboot:
fastboot -i 0x03F0 oem unlock

The util in the TN7 dev forum will not work out of the box for the S7E because it doesn't specify the vendor id to fastboot, but the supplied files will work (you can modify the .bat if you want to add the "-i 0x03F0" to fastboot). You can boot CWM to install root.

Installing the 4.4.2 system and boot partitions works and it will boot, however i am having trouble with it locking up a lot.

skysoblue
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobilla View Post
you need to use the universal naked drivers (Nvidia Shield) for both adb and fastboot.

The util in the TN7 dev forum will not work out of the box for the S7E because it doesn't specify the vendor id to fastboot, but the supplied files will work (you can modify the .bat if you want to add the "-i 0x03F0" to fastboot). You can boot CWM to install root.

Installing the 4.4.2 system and boot partitions works and it will boot, however i am having trouble with it locking up a lot.
cool. What do you mean by locking up a lot? it often hang and jam? . So i guess, staying at 4.2.2 is the best for now?

Mobilla
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by skysoblue View Post
cool. What do you mean by locking up a lot? it often hang and jam? . So i guess, staying at 4.2.2 is the best for now?
It will work fine for up to about 10 minutes, then the screen will freeze and the only way to get it back is to hold the power down for 10 seconds and reboot it.

I am back on 4.2.2 right now, but when I have some extra time I might try a few things.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mobilla For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

duocdx.bt
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobilla View Post

Is it possible to just have root set up on 4.2.2? Would like to keep all partitions stock if possible (as well as the bootloader). Would this help with stability issues? Sorry if these are noobish questions but thanks in advance

nejinikko
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Dude you gotta give us a detailed guide on rooting puuuhleeaase

littlewhitedog
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by nejinikko View Post
Dude you gotta give us a detailed guide on rooting puuuhleeaase
+1

I tried a chinese program without luck. I just bought a keyboard which works with the wrong layout in 4.2 and works perfect with 4.4 which I have on my other devices..therefore I am really looking forward flashing it!

sparkly81
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Exclamation Almost plain tegra

Hi, I agree with @Mobilla I installed android 4.4.2 from this link but be extreme careful, backup your rom first, KitKat works fine but randomly android freeze all system, I tested ClockWorkMod recovery and work flashing root file SuperSU-v1.94.zip but I don't test backup from recovery, well maybe someone can help us to know why kitkat freeze chinese root method is complicated I rooted with this method I don't read chinese I click some buttons and it works. Sorry with my English, I'm from El Salvador, I speak Spanish