5,600,483 Members 32,971 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Firefox OS tester wanted!

Tip us?

AwesomeSMS
Old
Thanks Meter 67
Good job especially when you are doing it all by yourself!

jimgustafson74
Old
Thanks Meter 26

DONATE TO ME
Dont forget about me, i ready n waitin!! lol

stunts513
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 502

DONATE TO ME
Well here's a slight update, I managed to get the battery meter working, problem is it isn't refreshing after it checks it at boot. I'm going to attempt a different version of the workaround see about making a symlink to test a theory about fixing this. On another note I figured something out about the wakeup bug, seems to only do that when USB is disconnected, noticed something in the dmesg in the resume process about vusb so thinking about inquiring about it. Maybe I'll post a build in the dev section soon, kinda would like video to work when I release it, I mean that's kinda a big downside to a ROM when your video playback is broken. Still looking for anyone that can do c++ coding, as most of the gecko source is in c++ and I'm having to guess my way around which isn't too fun when you have to compile the entire gecko files again after doing so. Least I've gotten comfortable compiling individual components now instead of doing a complete rebuild every time I make changes, that takes like at least 4 hours on my poor laptop, actually have to use a cooling tray while compiling... And thanks for the support, I really appreciate it.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD using Tapatalk
My Wallpaper Fix for KF2, KFHD 7", and KFHD 8.9" is HERE
Please Read the instructions and use the debugger if you run into errors.
My own modified adb drivers for just about all kindles (includes old twrp and cm versions) HERE
Tablet UI Patch for latest CM10.1 build HERE!

Please send complaints to /dev/null
The Following User Says Thank You to stunts513 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

stunts513
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 502

DONATE TO ME
Ok well for anybody thats wondering whats going on with this project, i just posted it in the 7" hd Development section! So go check it out if you want a build with some more minor bugfixes fixed. I just don't recommend charging on a usb low power charger while using that os because of a stupid bug i'm trying to work around atm, i can read C++ just enough to the extent i can see why i think it is doing this, i'm kinda surprised mozilla hasnt made a work around for it yet if my reason for doing it is correct, i think because of the method the kindles battery is checked for status(aka charging, discharging) it doesnt get a input type, the other batteries tell things liek charging by ac power supply or charging by usb low power, thus i think the b2g hal interprets our status method as always ac thus the stupid thing tries to wake up from sleep after the charging kicks in as if its been plugged in, thus spinning it into a loop of charging, not charging, sleep, wakeup, etc.it loops that kinda. Anywas if i left anyone out in the thanks part of the rom feel free to tell me, i didnt do it intentionally.
My Wallpaper Fix for KF2, KFHD 7", and KFHD 8.9" is HERE
Please Read the instructions and use the debugger if you run into errors.
My own modified adb drivers for just about all kindles (includes old twrp and cm versions) HERE
Tablet UI Patch for latest CM10.1 build HERE!

Please send complaints to /dev/null