Camera purple/blue/red tint problem

Tip us?

stealth09
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Camera purple/blue/red tint problem

Hello all,

This problem occurs when taking pictures when there is less light. From what I have read the only way to fix this is to send the phone to HTC for a hardware repair. However, I had bought this phone second-hand from someone online. How could I use the warranty now? Please advise.

brholt6
Old
Thanks Meter 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth09 View Post
Hello all,

This problem occurs when taking pictures when there is less light. From what I have read the only way to fix this is to send the phone to HTC for a hardware repair. However, I had bought this phone second-hand from someone online. How could I use the warranty now? Please advise.
The phone should still be under warranty. Just get on a chat with HTC and get a repair ticket set up and you'll be good to go.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk
Verizon HTC One - S-off'd
iPhone 4 - Retired (thankfully)
Motorola Droid - Retired
The Following User Says Thank You to brholt6 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

stealth09
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by brholt6 View Post
The phone should still be under warranty. Just get on a chat with HTC and get a repair ticket set up and you'll be good to go.

Thanks for your reply, but will they accept it if I am not the original buyer of the phone? I bought it second-hand from Gumtree.

brholt6
Old
Thanks Meter 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth09 View Post
Thanks for your reply, but will they accept it if I am not the original buyer of the phone? I bought it second-hand from Gumtree.
They should since it would be within the one year. I don't think selling a phone breaks the warranty. If you get on a chat with them they'll ask you for your info and worst case scenario is they tell you no.

Verizon HTC One - S-off'd
iPhone 4 - Retired (thankfully)
Motorola Droid - Retired
The Following User Says Thank You to brholt6 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

spydersilk
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Yes, I bought mine off of Craigslist. They didn't even ask me if I was the original owner. It is under warranty and they fixed my camera issue without any problems. Took almost exactly 2 weeks to get the phone back from the day I sent it.

zetsumeikuro
Old
Thanks Meter 857
HTC repair sucks!

Crawshayi
Old
Thanks Meter 285
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetsumeikuro View Post
HTC repair sucks!
Go on...
Verizon HTC One
rom/NuSenseSIX
kernel/ElementalX

zetsumeikuro
Old
Thanks Meter 857
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawshayi View Post
Go on...
I'll leave it at that for now. I raged at their chat for about 30 minutes before I got offered 2 more options.

Jrocker23
Old
Thanks Meter 96

DONATE TO ME
I had HTC repair my camera and not only did they expedite shipping (standard overnight) the camera looks great now when taking pics, The phone looks perfect just like I sent it in. Looks brand new. The actually changed the motherboard and put a new sticker with all the new info on it.

I called them, ask if they could do something more than standard ground and had a prepaid label in my email about an hour later. I brought the phone to fedex saturday morning, it shipped to htc by monday morning 9:30am and was showing in repair at 11am then an email around 5pm that it was done and setup for fedex pickup. Received it at 230pm today.

I think their service and repair was outstanding.
HTC One
Try Out DropBox, get your files when you need them, its free http://db.tt/LUr0eAv

The Following User Says Thank You to Jrocker23 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]