Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,012 Members 53,754 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] someone please help me get my phone usable again

Tip us?

darkside86
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] someone please help me get my phone usable again

Ok so I have been looking for a few days on how to fix this and have navigated to about every thread from here and xda and still haven't done anything but make things worse.haha Here is my situation.

My evo v 4g is relocked but i am getting the security warning (which makes it to where I can't flash any recovery files, ruu, etc... through the bootloader)

When I relocked my device it also took away my recovery which i had no idea it would do until it was too late. So now I can't even get into any recovery,

Adb and fastboot won't read my device for some reason. They were reading it for a little while until i relocked my bootloader.

I can't run any ruu because my computer won't read that my phone is connected, it just tells me that my device isn't plugged in (and i have downloaded all the drivers from htc sync)

I'm S-ON 1.57 Hboot
relocked bootloader (with security warning)
NO recovery, NO adb, NO fastboot, NO ruu, and NO flashing through hboot.

Any idea what I might be able to do to get my phone to function again? Any ideas would be great because I've tried them all.

dduuch
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Don't panic
I think, that you use fasboot on linux, and Windows doesn't recognize your phone, when he is in bootloader. True?

When you use Linux system like Fedora or Ubuntu and you install important package to run fastboot (from Android SDK), your phone is visible

If you more help, write there.

EM|NEM
Old
Thanks Meter 384
get the latest drivers from here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2217396
just uninstall htc sync. its a worthless piece of crap software
and try changing usb ports to see if that helps.
Theres a button for a reason. Use it!
Need Help? Visit the development thread and search for it yourself. If you still cant find a solution post in the Q/A section
HTC Evo 3D GSM Development Index [Updated!]

HTC ONE X
Hboot 1.39.0000 S-on
Recovery: CWM 5.8.4.0
ROM: Team Venom ViperX 4.0.0 - Sense 5 JB 4.2.2

HTC Evo 3D GSM
Hboot 1.49.1107 Revolutionary S-Off
Recovery: 4EXT Touch Recovery v1.0.0.6 RC1
ROM: Liquidsmooth 3.0

darkside86
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
sure enough, I just didn't have the right drivers installed. Stupid HTC sync. Thank you so much, I literally have been messing with this for probably over 50hrs now trying everything I could think of. Figures it would be something so simple.lol You rock!!!!!!!!!!!

shadowgrower420
Old
Thanks Meter 5
lucky it was just the drivers though