5,605,187 Members 39,499 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Tab 3 8 LTE probs with CFW

Tip us?
 
Anon0511
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Feb 2014
Default Tab 3 8 LTE probs with CFW

Sup guys,

I'm facing a problem when I try to install a CFW. Today I recieved the Tab 3 8.0 LTE (shows model number SM-T315).
I installed TWRP successfully, root also worked fine but when installing the unofficial CM (4.4.2) or MOKEE (4.4.2) FW it shows an error like "this is a "tab8wifi"".

What's wrong? Anyone else experienced that error or knows how to solve it?

Thx in advance
Peace
 
gr8nole
Old
#2  
gr8nole's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1609
Posts: 1,380
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Lynchburg, VA

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anon0511 View Post
Sup guys,

I'm facing a problem when I try to install a CFW. Today I recieved the Tab 3 8.0 LTE (shows model number SM-T315).
I installed TWRP successfully, root also worked fine but when installing the unofficial CM (4.4.2) or MOKEE (4.4.2) FW it shows an error like "this is a "tab8wifi"".

What's wrong? Anyone else experienced that error or knows how to solve it?

Thx in advance
Peace
Where did you get that TWRP?

It has the wrong default.prop in the ramdisk.

Sent from my SCH-I605
>>>>------;;;;----->

 
Anon0511
Old
(Last edited by Anon0511; 26th February 2014 at 05:36 AM.)
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8nole View Post
Where did you get that TWRP?

It has the wrong default.prop in the ramdisk.

Sent from my SCH-I605
Hey,

thx for your respond. I used this one:http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2525630

I'll be back in a few h and will retry with another TWRP! I would appreciate it if you could link me to one.

Peace

EDIT: just flashed the correct PHILZ recov. Will try later.
 
Gilly10
Old
#4  
Gilly10's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 104
Posts: 343
Join Date: Sep 2012
Here is the correct TWRP (obviously pick the T315 version) - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2619518
Current Devices:
--------------------------
Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 (JB 4.2.2)
ASUS MeMO Pad HD 7 (JB 4.2.2)
Kindle Fire HD 7 (FireOS 7.2.3)
Acer Iconia B1-710 (JB 4.1.2)
Zoostorm PlayTab 10.1" (JB 4.1.1)
Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 (CM 11.0)
Samsung Galaxy Y S5360 (GB 2.3.6)

--------------------------

SM-T310 - Stock Firmware - BTU (UK): Google Drive
SM-T31X - PIT File: XDA Thread
 
Anon0511
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilly10 View Post
Here is the correct TWRP (obviously pick the T315 version) - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2619518
Hey thx, but I already installed the correct PHILZ one. CM installation worked fine! Thx
 
jimmbomb
Old
#6  
jimmbomb's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 67
Posts: 721
Join Date: May 2010
Location: St Louis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anon0511 View Post
Hey thx, but I already installed the correct PHILZ one. CM installation worked fine! Thx
I got a T-315 too..
Can you please post a link to the correct Philz recovery??
And the CM that you used.?
Thanks... and good job with yours.
jh
 
Anon0511
Old
#7  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmbomb View Post
I got a T-315 too..
Can you please post a link to the correct Philz recovery??
And the CM that you used.?
Thanks... and good job with yours.
Hey, thx.

Ofc I can.

I used this PHILZ flashed via Odin: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2598976

And this CM: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2557573

Good luck m8!

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Cloupload is a Beautiful and Fully Functional CloudApp Client for Android

If you’re a Mac OS X user who frequently uploads screenshots, … more

Microsoft Finally Brings Remote Desktop to Windows Phone

You may recall that back in October of last year, Microsoft released itsofficial … more

SideControl Gains New Powers through Xposed

You may recall that a little overa month ago, we first talked about SideCutsby XDA Forum … more

Leak Points to Windows Start Menu’s Return as Soon as August

About a month ago at this year’s Build conference, Microsoft … more