Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Google Play Edition Rom Compatibility, CM?

OP insanespain

25th February 2014, 11:55 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3

86 posts
I almost feel like I'm the only one with one of these phones. And I have a hard time finding information about compatibility. I'm curious if the official CM nightlies are compatible with the GPE? I am rooted with CWM recovery. But I can't find out if flashing CM is a bad idea or not. I was thinking the only difference was the file format on the recovery partition, so as far as my noob butt is concerned, it should work. But I would like to confirm before flashing. I can't be the only one around here the a GPE device!!!
26th February 2014, 01:20 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 11

56 posts
I try ti install cm11 in moto g with gpe rom and bad results, i lose all data. Fix this flashing complete rom try installing the retail en us version

Enviado desde mi XT1032 mediante Tapatalk
26th February 2014, 06:45 AM   |  #3  
Flag Piedras Negras, Coahuila
Thanks Meter: 51

321 posts
Donate to Me
More
I flashed my phone with the GPE firmware, but the CMW can't mount the /sdcard partition, so the installation of CM11 on the traditional way was hard, maybe sideloading, but I don't know, so I had to flash to other firmware to install both CWM and the CM11...
26th February 2014, 08:05 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 9

46 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joel_sinbad

I flashed my phone with the GPE firmware, but the CMW can't mount the /sdcard partition, so the installation of CM11 on the traditional way was hard, maybe sideloading, but I don't know, so I had to flash to other firmware to install both CWM and the CM11...

there is a separate CWM for GPE since the file system is different compared to normal Moto G,see this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2634008
27th February 2014, 07:35 AM   |  #5  
Flag Piedras Negras, Coahuila
Thanks Meter: 51

321 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by prince.raja

there is a separate CWM for GPE since the file system is different compared to normal Moto G,see this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2634008

yeah, i knew that but 3 days late, i'm using the GPE firmware again because its stock, with GEL and better battery life.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread