FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Google Play Edition Rom Compatibility, CM?

88 posts
Thanks Meter: 3

By insanespain, Member on 25th February 2014, 10:55 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I almost feel like I'm the only one with one of these phones. And I have a hard time finding information about compatibility. I'm curious if the official CM nightlies are compatible with the GPE? I am rooted with CWM recovery. But I can't find out if flashing CM is a bad idea or not. I was thinking the only difference was the file format on the recovery partition, so as far as my noob butt is concerned, it should work. But I would like to confirm before flashing. I can't be the only one around here the a GPE device!!!

26th February 2014, 12:20 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
I try ti install cm11 in moto g with gpe rom and bad results, i lose all data. Fix this flashing complete rom try installing the retail en us version

Enviado desde mi XT1032 mediante Tapatalk
26th February 2014, 05:45 AM |#3  
Flag Piedras Negras, Coahuila
Thanks Meter: 59

Donate to Me
More
I flashed my phone with the GPE firmware, but the CMW can't mount the /sdcard partition, so the installation of CM11 on the traditional way was hard, maybe sideloading, but I don't know, so I had to flash to other firmware to install both CWM and the CM11...
26th February 2014, 07:05 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joel_sinbad

I flashed my phone with the GPE firmware, but the CMW can't mount the /sdcard partition, so the installation of CM11 on the traditional way was hard, maybe sideloading, but I don't know, so I had to flash to other firmware to install both CWM and the CM11...

there is a separate CWM for GPE since the file system is different compared to normal Moto G,see this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2634008
27th February 2014, 06:35 AM |#5  
Flag Piedras Negras, Coahuila
Thanks Meter: 59

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by prince.raja

there is a separate CWM for GPE since the file system is different compared to normal Moto G,see this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2634008

yeah, i knew that but 3 days late, i'm using the GPE firmware again because its stock, with GEL and better battery life.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)