Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,023 Members 44,110 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Google Play Edition Rom Compatibility, CM?

Tip us?

insanespain
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default Google Play Edition Rom Compatibility, CM?

I almost feel like I'm the only one with one of these phones. And I have a hard time finding information about compatibility. I'm curious if the official CM nightlies are compatible with the GPE? I am rooted with CWM recovery. But I can't find out if flashing CM is a bad idea or not. I was thinking the only difference was the file format on the recovery partition, so as far as my noob butt is concerned, it should work. But I would like to confirm before flashing. I can't be the only one around here the a GPE device!!!

m_loaiza
Old
Thanks Meter 11
I try ti install cm11 in moto g with gpe rom and bad results, i lose all data. Fix this flashing complete rom try installing the retail en us version

Enviado desde mi XT1032 mediante Tapatalk

joel_sinbad
Old
Thanks Meter 47

DONATE TO ME
I flashed my phone with the GPE firmware, but the CMW can't mount the /sdcard partition, so the installation of CM11 on the traditional way was hard, maybe sideloading, but I don't know, so I had to flash to other firmware to install both CWM and the CM11...

prince.raja
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by joel_sinbad View Post
I flashed my phone with the GPE firmware, but the CMW can't mount the /sdcard partition, so the installation of CM11 on the traditional way was hard, maybe sideloading, but I don't know, so I had to flash to other firmware to install both CWM and the CM11...
there is a separate CWM for GPE since the file system is different compared to normal Moto G,see this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2634008

joel_sinbad
Old
Thanks Meter 47

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by prince.raja View Post
there is a separate CWM for GPE since the file system is different compared to normal Moto G,see this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2634008
yeah, i knew that but 3 days late, i'm using the GPE firmware again because its stock, with GEL and better battery life.