Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,535 Members 40,117 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][TAR] Stock NAE Odin flashable

Tip us?

random45
Old
(Last edited by random45; 13th June 2014 at 08:56 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 121
Default [ROM][TAR] Stock NAE Odin flashable

You will get the KNOX bootloader if you flash this.
YOU CANNOT UNDO THIS, ITS PERMANENT. FLASHING ANYTHING UNOFFICIAL AFTER FLASHING THIS TAR WILL VOID YOUR WARRANTY

Just the NAE FULL stock tar. This post was updated and is now the same file that can be downloaded from SamMobile. Others said that they had reboot issues with the other one.

EDIT: I updated it to the same one that can be downloaded from SamMobile (2/28/14)

md5 of the tar that can be downloaded below(SamMobile): a77570534e22fce0745edb09994c84f2
md5 of the previous Tar that people had issues with: 4c18677fd81fd467ea9356b3da7274fb

Do NOT rename the tar file. Even though it may be convenient to do so, Odin may fail the md5 check for no reason.
(L720VPUFNAE_L720SPTFNAE_L720VPUFNAE_HOME.tar.md5)
This is NOT ROOTED. Its the original TAR file for people who need an Emergency Recovery for their phones, and dont want to wait hours for it to download from slow file hosts.

Mediafire

FileDropper

Over 2630 downloads and counting!

Instructions:
1. Download and Extract tar above and download Odin
2. Put phone into download mode (power off, then power button + Volume Down, then volume up when prompted)
3. Open Odin (right click > open as administrator)
4. Load stock tar into the PDA slot
5. Start flashing
6. Grab some popcorn because it will take a while
7. Profit
The Following 42 Users Say Thank You to random45 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cmonsterf50
Old
Thanks Meter 285
Thanks. Going to run this on the wife's phone and report back.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
Current Devices:
Samsung Galaxy S4 - White (Sprint)
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 - White (2012)
Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 (T217S)
Google ChromeCast

Super Moderator - themikmik.com
-------------------------------------------------------
Retired Devices:
Nexus 7 (2012)
HTC Evo LTE
Kindle Fire HD
HTC Evo 4G
BlackBerry 8330

danzelcool
Old
Thanks Meter 13
works

Sleepycloud
Old
(Last edited by Sleepycloud; 27th February 2014 at 07:51 AM.)
Thanks Meter 49
If this is the same .rar file that came from the Mega site it has some bull**** going on with it. It does some weird crap when you load it up. Factory resets itself, and a few other things. Then it reboots randomly. It rebooted my device randomly and I couldn't flash anything for hours. I finally got it working again, but now I have problems flashing other stock ROM's. Where did you get this? From that Mega download site? I noticed that any reference to that download in any thread was deleted. I'll be surprised if this one stays up.

EDIT: Yes, this is the exact same file. I just extracted it and compared them. They both show that they were modified on 2-14-2014 at 22:16:11

random45
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepycloud View Post
If this is the same .rar file that came from the Mega site it has some bull**** going on with it. It does some weird crap when you load it up. Factory resets itself, and a few other things. Then it reboots randomly. It rebooted my device randomly and I couldn't flash anything for hours. I finally got it working again, but now I have problems flashing other stock ROM's. Where did you get this? From that Mega download site?
the mk2 tar i posted a while ago also did the same thing. A reboot after running it in the first hour. Im guessing Samsung did that on purpose because after that restart, it would work completely fine. I flashed that tar several times, and that random reboot happened once, each time. I dont know where I had gotten this from, it might have been mega link. danzelcool asked me for it, and since I didnt see a thread decided to go ahead and post it. Why couldnt you "flash anything for hours?"

The file is very much like the Android 4.3 tars (both for the S4 and S3), and unlike any of the previous tar before that, so I'm pretty sure thats how Samsung is buiding these files now. I dont know what the random reboot is for, but apparently its for something.

Sleepycloud
Old
Thanks Meter 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by random45 View Post
the mk2 tar i posted a while ago also did the same thing. A reboot after running it in the first hour. Im guessing Samsung did that on purpose because after that restart, it would work completely fine. I flashed that tar several times, and that random reboot happened once, each time. I dont know where I had gotten this from, it might have been mega link. danzelcool asked me for it, and since I didnt see a thread decided to go ahead and post it. Why couldnt you "flash anything for hours?"

The file is very much like the Android 4.3 tars (both for the S4 and S3), and unlike any of the previous tar before that, so I'm pretty sure thats how Samsung is buiding these files now. I dont know what the random reboot is for, but apparently its for something.
I'm not sure what happened. I may have jacked it up by pulling the battery when it randomly rebooted, but for about 30 times, it wouldn't hold anything that I flashed. It was weird. It would hardly stay on the download menu. It kept turning off, and nothing would flash. I left the battery out overnight and came back the next day and messed with it some more. I was finally able to get it working again. Now it won't flash the Stock Nae rooted ROM zip that I had previously flashed and enjoyed.

random45
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepycloud View Post
I'm not sure what happened. I may have jacked it up by pulling the battery when it randomly rebooted, but for about 30 times, it wouldn't hold anything that I flashed. It was weird. It would hardly stay on the download menu. It kept turning off, and nothing would flash. I left the battery out overnight and came back the next day and messed with it some more. I was finally able to get it working again. Now it won't flash the Stock Nae rooted ROM zip that I had previously flashed and enjoyed.

danzelcool flashed it and has already reported back that it worked just fine for him, so I'm really not sure what went wrong when you tried to flash it.
The Following User Says Thank You to random45 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

amieldl143
Old
Thanks Meter 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by random45 View Post
danzelcool flashed it and has already reported back that it worked just fine for him, so I'm really not sure what went wrong when you tried to flash it.
I flashed it. Had dome issues at first.factory reset and all is good.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using xda app-developers app

vat829
Old
Thanks Meter 9
I cannot root. I ran CF Auto Root through Odin went fine. Booted up and went into SU stated ""there is no su binary installed and supersu can not install it. this is a problem." Any help please?

Gabewithkungfugrip
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Thanks for this. Since taking the NAE ota and then trying to root and install other roms after, I've been experiencing lots of issues and missing features. None of the other stock tar files would get past the bootloader image, so it's great to have one that works again. I had a random reboot during setup on the first boot, and then it did an auto factory reset when it connected to the network. On the third boot, everything was solid. I used CF Autoroot with no problems, and we're all good to go.