Post Reply

How is Hancom Office compared with Office Suite 7 Pro

OP hajime_android

27th February 2014, 11:07 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
478 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
Hello, how is Hancom Office compared with Office Suite 7 Pro? Is Handcom better in all aspects?
27th February 2014, 09:02 PM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 104
 
501 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
HANCOM is better than everything in every respect. Seriously its 99% microsoft office down to all those neat options I never use. It even looks like office with drop down windows and everything

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 03:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:02 PM ----------

Its the forst office suite for android that you could actually use for real work (with a bluetooth keyboard of course)

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to Duly.noted For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th February 2014, 01:46 AM   |  #3  
rueben68's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Ohio
Thanks Meter: 29
 
197 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duly.noted

HANCOM is better than everything in every respect. Seriously its 99% microsoft office down to all those neat options I never use. It even looks like office with drop down windows and everything

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 03:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:02 PM ----------

Its the forst office suite for android that you could actually use for real work (with a bluetooth keyboard of course)

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app



Totally agree HANCOM is as close to Microsoft Office as it gets. IT IS GREAT!
28th February 2014, 03:24 PM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Flag Connecticut
Thanks Meter: 60
 
461 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
i purchased the 7 pro probably like over a year. but now when i bought the pro 12.2 i didnt bother to install it because the HANCOM is freaking awesome! this is the reason why i returned the surface pro 2!
1st March 2014, 02:14 AM   |  #5  
Senior Member
Flag Hollywood, FL
Thanks Meter: 39
 
631 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2009
Hancom is better. Comparing it directly with Microsoft Office 2013 on a Touch screen laptop. This one is better.
2nd March 2014, 02:48 AM   |  #6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 104
 
501 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by flipper2006

Hancom is better. Comparing it directly with Microsoft Office 2013 on a Touch screen laptop. This one is better.

I like hancom but I havent been able to look at these side by side. Is this a legitimate opinion based on using both?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
4th March 2014, 08:10 PM   |  #7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 13
 
192 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
Does anyone know if they will offer on the 10.1 2014? My friend wants the SP2 for PA school because of OneNote, likes the NotePro but 12.2 is to big for her. She would take the 10.1 but Office suite is just garbage.
6th March 2014, 11:53 PM   |  #8  
Senior Member
Flag Hollywood, FL
Thanks Meter: 39
 
631 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by nymviper1126

Does anyone know if they will offer on the 10.1 2014? My friend wants the SP2 for PA school because of OneNote, likes the NotePro but 12.2 is to big for her. She would take the 10.1 but Office suite is just garbage.

Evernote is so much better then one note. I used Onenote first and did a lot of stuff and thought this was great, but the first issue was I couldn't sync my one note without using extra software (2 years ago), but then found Evernote and it does everything for free AND with the 12.2 it gives 1 year subscript to premium service. You can share evernote notebooks with different people ect.
7th March 2014, 10:49 PM   |  #9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 13
 
192 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by flipper2006

Evernote is so much better then one note. I used Onenote first and did a lot of stuff and thought this was great, but the first issue was I couldn't sync my one note without using extra software (2 years ago), but then found Evernote and it does everything for free AND with the 12.2 it gives 1 year subscript to premium service. You can share evernote notebooks with different people ect.

She likes to be able to drag and drop out of PPTs and such. Also, cant say anything against installing windows program she may need
8th March 2014, 07:32 PM   |  #10  
Senior Member
Flag Honolulu, Hawaii
Thanks Meter: 183
 
802 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duly.noted

I like hancom but I havent been able to look at these side by side. Is this a legitimate opinion based on using both?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Provided you don't need advanced editing features then yes.

As much as I think Hancom Word is one of the best of its class on Android a full replacement of Microsoft it isn't. One feature that may be critical for those in the market for a "Pro" product is track changes support. I may be wrong, but I can't find it. There's commenting but no track changes options. A simple test that I did was create a document in Word 2007 and saved it into my Dropbox with track changes turned ON. I then loaded that file with Hancom Word, edited and saved it, at which point the file was immediately updated in dropbox. At no time did Hancom Word give any indication of track changes being on, and upon opening the file back up on my workstation the edits were visible with no trace of the changes being tracked. To verify I deleted the edits that were made on the tablet from within Word 2007 on my workstation and immediately the changes were flagged as deleted. Back on the tablet, the markups were invisible BUT the space within which the deleted text should have been was still there (i.e. if I deleted 3 hard lines between two paragraphs there would still be 3 carriage returns visible between those paragraphs in Hancom Word but not visilble in word with review display options set to final).

Lack of track changes is not a deal breaker for me since when I travel I carry my laptop and my tablet and when I'm without my laptop its because I do not intend to do serious editing, but I could see it being an issue for those looking to replace a laptop.

To me if you must have full office compatibility get a surface pro and use office on it. This comes in second, and how close it comes is subjective based upon needs. Unfortunately there's very little information on Hancom's site to sell the product to users on its features so it's difficult for people to decide prior to purchase.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 Themes and Apps by ThreadRank