Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,151 Members 51,165 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Is Z2 worth extra $$$ over Z1?

Tip us?

f_u_006
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 55
Default Is Z2 worth extra $$$ over Z1?

Do you wanna buy the new Sony® Xperia™ Z2?
I don't because the camera is same and i could play any games, even GTA SA at max setting in my Z1!

Mohamed_Aly
Old
Thanks Meter 2
well .. the screen is better .. more RAM can't be bad .. but i think i'll stick with my Z1 for a while .. at least until the Z3 comes !!
Nokia 3230 > Nokia N73 Music Edition > Samsung S5230 Star > iPhone 3GS > Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 > Samsung Galaxy SII I9100 > Sony Xperia Z C6602 > Sony Xperia Z1 C6903

negrobembon
Old
Thanks Meter 459
Quote:
Originally Posted by f_u_006 View Post
Do you wanna buy the new Sony® Xperia™ Z2?
I don't because the camera is same and i could play any games, even GTA SA at max setting in my Z1!
Sony announced that the Z2 will be their flagship for the next 6 months as they prefer 6 month flagship updates

So by september the Z3 should be announced

So if you have a Z1 you should wait for the Z3 and then keep upgrading to the H2 flagship every year and if you have the Original Z then you should upgrade to the Z2 and then wait for the H1 flagship next year

Sent from my SGP311 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to negrobembon For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Mohamed_Aly
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by negrobembon View Post
Sony announced that the Z2 will be their flagship for the next 6 months as they prefer 6 month flagship updates

So if you have a Z1 you should wait for the Z3 and then keep upgrading to the H2 flagship every year and if you have the Original Z then you should upgrade to the Z2 and then wait for the H1 flagship next year

That's some neat thinking.. I'm impressed.. I loved the idea for real

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Nokia 3230 > Nokia N73 Music Edition > Samsung S5230 Star > iPhone 3GS > Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 > Samsung Galaxy SII I9100 > Sony Xperia Z C6602 > Sony Xperia Z1 C6903

f_u_006
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 55
Quote:

I really like your idea!
I bought my Z1 1months ago and i will wait for Z3...

f_u_006
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohamed_Aly View Post
well .. the screen is better .. more RAM can't be bad .. but i think i'll stick with my Z1 for a while .. at least until the Z3 comes !!
I like yours too!...

RHBH
Old
Thanks Meter 369
Quote:

Or if you have enough money and don't mind on use it to something almost equal to what you already have, buy a new phone every 6 months!

Sent from my Xperia Z1 using Tapatalk Pro
My Devices:
Xperia S [LT26i]
Xperia ZL [C6503]
Xperia Z1 [C6943]
Xperia Z2 [D6543] - Soon - Upgrading my Desktop ($$)

negrobembon
Old
Thanks Meter 459
Quote:
Originally Posted by RHBH View Post
Or if you have enough money and don't mind on use it to something almost equal to what you already have, buy a new phone every 6 months!

That's the ideal of course, sadly not everyone(including me) can upgrade that fast

Sent from my C6906 using Tapatalk

f_u_006
Old
(Last edited by f_u_006; 28th February 2014 at 05:38 AM.) Reason: Much love to SONY! lol
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by RHBH View Post

Well..!! That's a good idea too!
I hate Samsung and never had it, but this time i planned to buy Galaxy S5.
But I will never compare anything to Sony, so i will keep buying Sony mobiles.

f_u_006
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 55
Quote:
That's the ideal of course, sadly not everyone(including me) can upgrade that fast

Sent from my C6906 using Tapatalk
Your right! And i don't like to change my cellphone 2-3 times a year!
I bought Xperia Neo V(Used for year [Learned basic Android dev])>Xperia Z (Used for 9-10 months [Learned Anything yet i know and can do])>Xperia Z1(1 month ago-present [Improved alot in Dev])

There's nothing difference between Snapdragon 800 and 801 for me, both can play any game at max setting smoothly and camera is also the same (4K recording that's coming soon to Xperia Z1),
I will change my Z1 when i see a very major change like: QuadHD display, Sensors and..... Snapdragon 810