Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Is Z2 worth extra $$$ over Z1?

OP f_u_006

27th February 2014, 12:36 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kabul
Thanks Meter: 56
 
155 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2013
More
Do you wanna buy the new Sony® Xperia™ Z2?
I don't because the camera is same and i could play any games, even GTA SA at max setting in my Z1!
28th February 2014, 12:22 AM   |  #2  
Mohamed_Aly's Avatar
Member
Flag Alexandria
Thanks Meter: 2
 
45 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
More
well .. the screen is better .. more RAM can't be bad .. but i think i'll stick with my Z1 for a while .. at least until the Z3 comes !!
28th February 2014, 03:54 AM   |  #3  
negrobembon's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag panamá
Thanks Meter: 462
 
3,279 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by f_u_006

Do you wanna buy the new Sony® Xperia™ Z2?
I don't because the camera is same and i could play any games, even GTA SA at max setting in my Z1!

Sony announced that the Z2 will be their flagship for the next 6 months as they prefer 6 month flagship updates

So by september the Z3 should be announced

So if you have a Z1 you should wait for the Z3 and then keep upgrading to the H2 flagship every year and if you have the Original Z then you should upgrade to the Z2 and then wait for the H1 flagship next year

Sent from my SGP311 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to negrobembon For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th February 2014, 05:13 AM   |  #4  
Mohamed_Aly's Avatar
Member
Flag Alexandria
Thanks Meter: 2
 
45 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by negrobembon

Sony announced that the Z2 will be their flagship for the next 6 months as they prefer 6 month flagship updates

So by september the Z3 should be announced

So if you have a Z1 you should wait for the Z3 and then keep upgrading to the H2 flagship every year and if you have the Original Z then you should upgrade to the Z2 and then wait for the H1 flagship next year

Sent from my SGP311 using Tapatalk

That's some neat thinking.. I'm impressed.. I loved the idea for real

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
28th February 2014, 06:12 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kabul
Thanks Meter: 56
 
155 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by negrobembon

Sony announced that the Z2 will be their flagship for the next 6 months as they prefer 6 month flagship updates

So by september the Z3 should be announced

So if you have a Z1 you should wait for the Z3 and then keep upgrading to the H2 flagship every year and if you have the Original Z then you should upgrade to the Z2 and then wait for the H1 flagship next year

Sent from my SGP311 using Tapatalk


I really like your idea!
I bought my Z1 1months ago and i will wait for Z3...
28th February 2014, 06:14 AM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kabul
Thanks Meter: 56
 
155 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohamed_Aly

well .. the screen is better .. more RAM can't be bad .. but i think i'll stick with my Z1 for a while .. at least until the Z3 comes !!

I like yours too!...
28th February 2014, 06:31 AM   |  #7  
Senior Member
Flag Sao Paulo / Brazil
Thanks Meter: 401
 
708 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by negrobembon

Sony announced that the Z2 will be their flagship for the next 6 months as they prefer 6 month flagship updates

So by september the Z3 should be announced

So if you have a Z1 you should wait for the Z3 and then keep upgrading to the H2 flagship every year and if you have the Original Z then you should upgrade to the Z2 and then wait for the H1 flagship next year

Sent from my SGP311 using Tapatalk

Or if you have enough money and don't mind on use it to something almost equal to what you already have, buy a new phone every 6 months!

Sent from my Xperia Z1 using Tapatalk Pro
28th February 2014, 06:34 AM   |  #8  
negrobembon's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag panamá
Thanks Meter: 462
 
3,279 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RHBH

Or if you have enough money and don't mind on use it to something almost equal to what you already have, buy a new phone every 6 months!

Sent from my Xperia Z1 using Tapatalk Pro

That's the ideal of course, sadly not everyone(including me) can upgrade that fast

Sent from my C6906 using Tapatalk
28th February 2014, 06:36 AM   |  #9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kabul
Thanks Meter: 56
 
155 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RHBH

Or if you have enough money and don't mind on use it to something almost equal to what you already have, buy a new phone every 6 months!

Sent from my Xperia Z1 using Tapatalk Pro

Well..!! That's a good idea too!
I hate Samsung and never had it, but this time i planned to buy Galaxy S5.
But I will never compare anything to Sony, so i will keep buying Sony mobiles.
Last edited by f_u_006; 28th February 2014 at 06:38 AM. Reason: Much love to SONY! lol
28th February 2014, 07:45 AM   |  #10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kabul
Thanks Meter: 56
 
155 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by negrobembon

That's the ideal of course, sadly not everyone(including me) can upgrade that fast

Sent from my C6906 using Tapatalk

Your right! And i don't like to change my cellphone 2-3 times a year!
I bought Xperia Neo V(Used for year [Learned basic Android dev])>Xperia Z (Used for 9-10 months [Learned Anything yet i know and can do])>Xperia Z1(1 month ago-present [Improved alot in Dev])

There's nothing difference between Snapdragon 800 and 801 for me, both can play any game at max setting smoothly and camera is also the same (4K recording that's coming soon to Xperia Z1),
I will change my Z1 when i see a very major change like: QuadHD display, Sensors and..... Snapdragon 810

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes