Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,353 Members 47,208 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Best Audio Configuration : ROM+Kernel

Tip us?

cesarleeds
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
Default Best Audio Configuration : ROM+Kernel

Hi guys

Thinking about giving the Note 2 a chance since it has Wolfson.

Sound means a lot for me, i still have my old Nexus S with Voodoo Sound just because i love the sound out of it.

I would like to know which is for you guys the best combination for audio purposes, meaning ROM and Kernel, also which player u use and how happy u are with the sound, how u describe it, which are the strongest points, what are u missing...just your general opinion about it.

berkos
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Depends what you like. personally I'm on Perseus kernel, which lets you change gain of volume and freqs but it doesn't color the sound, beats, xperia etc mod are not for me. ROM wise, It doesn't matter.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

cesarleeds
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by berkos View Post
Depends what you like. personally I'm on Perseus kernel, which lets you change gain of volume and freqs but it doesn't color the sound, beats, xperia etc mod are not for me. ROM wise, It doesn't matter.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
I have and old Nexus S, with CM11 and DSP Manager, i have direct access to the DAC, which is what Boeffla Sound does for the Note 2 as far as i know.

That would do it for me, pure Wolfson experience, then find the best audio settings and ready to go.

agrttc
Old
Thanks Meter 33
Custom rom, agni kernel (with boeffla sound) + viper sound mod + neutron player
for me the best combination ever
The Following User Says Thank You to agrttc For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

catdog78
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Yeah. You are right.

Gesendet von meinem GT-N7100

bunglebp
Old
Thanks Meter 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by catdog78 View Post
Yeah. You are right.

Gesendet von meinem GT-N7100
I Personally would use Jet Audio as has alot of Audio tweaks which are awesome, I have used Different kernels and they do a great job especially with Eargasm turned on, as for VIPER or similar they are great but i found that they muffle the sound and reduce volume so i actually prefer it without and use Jet audio to edit my audio as for ROM well it depends on what you like and what Android version you want maybe try Sungsonic or Sensonic I personally use JellyKat with JetAudio and sounds great for me

DN3 ROM | Bunglebp Custom Theme | Custom Pull down Menu

Previously Sungsonic ROM with Redpill Kernel and O/C 1.8ghz but now Upgraded
Previous Phone Galaxy S3

GreenMug
Old
Thanks Meter 6
I had the original Galaxy S, and also used the voodoo tweaks. The Note II sounds broadly very similar to my ears, it really is very good. No chance of driving my HD650s without an amp or anything, but the quality is great.

I'm still on an old ROM - Omega v18 with Perseus kernel. Easy to tweak the volume levels and access the HW equaliser for adding a notch of bass for the stock earbuds.