5,596,568 Members 41,059 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Kitkat Launcher

Tip us?
 
jhannbernas
Old
#1  
jhannbernas's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Posts: 269
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Singapore
Default [Q] Kitkat Launcher

Hi all,

Just like to ask if there is a launcher for HOX that makes the notification bar transparent also for 4.2.2? Or this there a way on any launcher to make it transparent? I bought Nexus 7 2013 and I really want the stock android UI and I also want to make the same for my HOX.

Please help.

Thanks!
 
omondisingh
Old
(Last edited by omondisingh; 23rd December 2013 at 06:04 PM.)
#2  
omondisingh's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 59
Posts: 221
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Colnbrook
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhannbernas View Post
Hi all,

Just like to ask if there is a launcher for HOX that makes the notification bar transparent also for 4.2.2? Or this there a way on any launcher to make it transparent? I bought Nexus 7 2013 and I really want the stock android UI and I also want to make the same for my HOX.

Please help.

Thanks!
I use these two apps
Xposed Installer : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1574401
Gravity Box which is a module for Xposed : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2316070
You need root to use Xposed.
Nova launcher is a good launcher : https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ncher&hl=en_GB
KK Launcher : https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...om.kk.launcher
The Following User Says Thank You to omondisingh For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
jhannbernas
Old
#3  
jhannbernas's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Posts: 269
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Singapore
Quote:
Originally Posted by omondisingh View Post
I use these two apps
Xposed Installer : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1574401
Gravity Box which is a module for Xposed : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2316070
You need root to use Xposed.
Nova launcher is a good launcher : https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ncher&hl=en_GB
KK Launcher : https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...om.kk.launcher
Hi, thanks for the reply.

It's been a while due to busy work sched.

I want to root my phone to install the xposed framework and gravity box. Now I'm trying to unlock my bootloader via WinDroid Tool. I understand that I will lose all my data when I unlock the bootloader. I did a backup from the same tool. Question is, Can I restore to the backup I did after I unlock my bootloader? Then right after restoring, I will be rooting my phone to be able to install xposed and gravity.

Please help if this will work.

Thanks!
 
athulele
Old
#4  
athulele's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 294
Posts: 1,179
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Pune
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhannbernas View Post
Hi, thanks for the reply.

It's been a while due to busy work sched.

I want to root my phone to install the xposed framework and gravity box. Now I'm trying to unlock my bootloader via WinDroid Tool. I understand that I will lose all my data when I unlock the bootloader. I did a backup from the same tool. Question is, Can I restore to the backup I did after I unlock my bootloader? Then right after restoring, I will be rooting my phone to be able to install xposed and gravity.

Please help if this will work.

Thanks!
Backup everything including sd card. Use helium for backup and then you can use it to restore the backup.

Also, don't use gravity box with sense. It force closes systemUI. At least for me it does.

Sent from my HTC One X
HTC ONE X | CM 11 | faux kernel | KitKat 4.4.2
Press Thanks if I Helped!!

The Following User Says Thank You to athulele For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
jhannbernas
Old
#5  
jhannbernas's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Posts: 269
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Singapore
Quote:
Originally Posted by athulele View Post
Backup everything including sd card. Use helium for backup and then you can use it to restore the backup.

Also, don't use gravity box with sense. It force closes systemUI. At least for me it does.

Sent from my HTC One X
Is unlocking bootloader will also delete my sd card?
 
athulele
Old
#6  
athulele's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 294
Posts: 1,179
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Pune
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhannbernas View Post
Is unlocking bootloader will also delete my sd card?
It didn't delete mine but just back it up incase it gets deleted.

Sent from my HTC One X
HTC ONE X | CM 11 | faux kernel | KitKat 4.4.2
Press Thanks if I Helped!!

 
big noob
Old
#7  
big noob's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 86
Posts: 447
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Classified
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhannbernas View Post
Is unlocking bootloader will also delete my sd card?
Well,no..It will just factory reset you phone (app,app's data)..But always do a backup
]Device: hTC One X 32GB
CID: HTC__032
ROM: Stock 4.2.2

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


TRENDING IN THEMER...