Google Confirms “Android Lollipop Day” for November 3rd

A little over a week ago, Google announced the latest iteration of … more

Get Your XDA 2015 Custom Avatar and Signature Images Here

As stated in our motto, XDA Developer is for developers, by developers. The … more

Pin Your Photos on Android Lollipop with Photo Pinner

In the last few weeks,we have been talking quite a bit about Android 5.0 Lollipop. This … more

Samsung Galaxy Note Edge Hands On – XDA TV

Perhaps one of the more peculiar announcements this year was the curved edge-screened … more

Having issues with i747, need assistance.

OP johnnyrichter

27th February 2014, 03:45 AM   |  #11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Missouri
Thanks Meter: 28

241 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4b3ck

If the phone out of contract already, your brother can submit request for unlock, I did twice for (2)iphone and withing week or two get unlock.

I'm trying to get this done tonight. I have work at 530am and already cut up my sim card which I now wish I wouldn't have done until I found out how retarded ATT is about unlock codes.
27th February 2014, 05:08 AM   |  #12  
OP Senior Member
Flag Missouri

241 posts
Went ahead and gave cellunlocker a try, fully convinced that I was about to lose 30 bucks, and it actually worked. Using rom manager to flash the latest CWM so I can flash AoCP kitkat.
27th February 2014, 10:29 AM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 153

355 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyrichter

I'm trying to get this done tonight. I have work at 530am and already cut up my sim card which I now wish I wouldn't have done until I found out how retarded ATT is about unlock codes.

The straight talk sim should work without an unlock code. Provided you have an AT&T compatible sim card that they recently started using again. My phone is an AT&T locked s3 using a Net10 sim. Put it in and then go to the APN Settings, insert your settings, reboot and enjoy. Tracfone, straight talk and Net10 are all 3 one in the same company, I assume since that's how it works on Net10 it will work that way for you.

Although I don't know for a fact that you shouldn't have to be unlocked someone else who does run straight talk could maybe post up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 running S3Rx MJ2 bootloader MJB modem and it is smooth
27th February 2014, 11:40 AM   |  #14  
OP Senior Member
Flag Missouri

241 posts
It's the tmobile sim from straight talk so I needed the unlock which is done already.

Now I'm trying to get stuff to install. I installed rom manager but it won't flash CWM, it just sits on "flashing." I also can't get supersu or superuser to work. I think it has something to do with knox, and/or the method I used to root this thing last night.
27th February 2014, 12:39 PM   |  #15  
OP Senior Member
Flag Missouri

241 posts
Used this method(#2) to flash cwm/remove knox...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2538991

...and it worked. Was able to then flash 4.4 aocp and the latest gapps. Everything seems to be working and I'm not getting those stupid security warnings anymore.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread