MOTO G, custom ROM = Yes or No?

OP grahamgo

24th February 2014, 11:37 PM   |  #31  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 16

84 posts
Hi @xheon, sounds OK. What sort of antutu or quadrant scores are you achieving with CM11 and pink kernel right now? I do run CM11 on a Nexus 7 and Nexus 4, but personally think its a bit premature to run it on the Moto G. How is your battery life? On Stock+Faux+Xposed I am getting up to 3 days. This is light to medium usage, and a heck of a lot better than I have ever achieved on the Nexus 4 (which I never particularly liked anyway), on the N4 with similar usage I got 1 to 1.5 days per charge.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Last edited by grahamgo; 25th February 2014 at 02:06 AM.
26th February 2014, 02:27 PM   |  #32  
London
Thanks Meter: 19

208 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xheon

Im on cm11 with pink kernel, which has a memory overlocked which feels really smooth, after playing with CPU freqs and schedulers, I made it run sooooo smooth its amazing!! There's a reason why CyanogenMod is so popular, and now that is official and getting daily nightlies with tweaks and fixes, its a delight, I am never going back to boring slow stock, Just my humble opinion

Sent from my Moto G using Tapatalk

I'm considering going back to CM11.

Never used the Pink kernel before.

Can you give me some ideas on what changes you made to make it run smooth?

Thanks.
27th February 2014, 04:16 AM   |  #33  
Thanks Meter: 2

7 posts
I have tried cm11 but am missing a few features I was looking forward to (that I used to have on cm10 on my SGS) like screeshots, but I know its just the beginning and I haven't used it long enough yet.

I have a question though: on stock ROM, using the button on a standard wired headset won't do anything. It's usually linked to play/pause/skip and more depending on patterns. I thought I would get this king of behavior back in CM but no luck. Are there any ROM supporting this kind of input? Seems like a fairly basic functionality to me.
27th February 2014, 10:34 AM   |  #34  
Thanks Meter: 32

108 posts
Long press on the handset opens Google voice search. I had to install Sony smartkey app to get the play/pause/next/prev functions.
The Following User Says Thank You to eastdata For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th February 2014, 11:27 AM   |  #35  
Flag amsterdam
Thanks Meter: 27

84 posts
I used to use CM on my previous HTC Desire HD and Sensation. But the stock Moto ROM already gives a pure android experience, so no need for CM. Also the stock ROM contains important drivers and is backed by official Motorola updates. I do use Xposed and Gravitybox for some tweaks to notification bar and quick settings.
27th February 2014, 01:01 PM   |  #36  
Thanks Meter: 12

47 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by knizmi

Read faux's thread. His kernel doesn't work with 1033. Some people have reported though, that it worked for them when they set Art before flashing.

I think you didn't read my post. I was able to make it work with ART since my first try. My doubt is if anyone was able to run it with Dalvik.

On XT1033, using a dual sim kitkat rom, of course.
Last edited by intellq; 27th February 2014 at 01:11 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread