Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,814,562 Members 53,807 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

SD card suggestions.. Please help.

Tip us?

V3rsus1
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I have bought branded Samsung 32gb and I was fine

JessSayin
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Default FULL format only!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixJay View Post
At the moment I have a 32gb ultra SD card in my s4. The SD card is damaged for whatever reason. So I was wondering, what's the best type of SD card for me to get. I spent 20$ on my sdcard. So I'm willing to spend the same amount more or less.. Don't need anything more than 32gb or probably anything over 16. Of course the more the merrier.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using xda app-developers app
My Sandisk card was giving me grief just like a lot of other people. I took someone's advice and did a FULL format, not a 'Quick format' and also upgraded my rom to CM11 M3 Snapshot. Don't know which did the trick but my SanDisk Ultra 64 GB microSDXC Class 10 UHS-1 Memory Card has been doing just fine. No messages that say, "SD card has been removed" when it wasn't.
Amazon has them for just under $50. Good luck!

pyrobo0by
Old
Thanks Meter 12
I got a 16gb sandisk on my s4 and using it without any problems and bought it for 12$ on amazon

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

bextro
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I have a 32 gb and works perfect

KRAZYADROIDMASTER
Old
Thanks Meter 79
Groupon for $20 32 gig Samsung card.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using xda app-developers app
LG LGP999 G2X DARK ALE
MADE IN: KOREA
MANUFACTURE DATE 04/19/2011

STOCK

SANDISK: 4 GB CLASS 4 MICRO SD CARD.

MCL1981
Old
(Last edited by MCL1981; 26th February 2014 at 02:09 PM.)
Thanks Meter 56
I have a Sandisk 32gb Class 10 UHC1 in my S4. I found that trying to get the phone to format the card failed, and therefore made the card unreadable. I put the card in my laptop and did a complete format. Not a quick format. Complete format, FAT32 file system. The card works flawlessly. I feel like people's card problems are related more to finicky formatting rather than manufacturing.

As for losing all your photos when a memory card dies, that is 100% user failure. There is absolutely no excuse for losing all your photos, because all your photos should not be permanently living on a single memory card in your phone and nowhere else. Your photos should be getting stored elsewhere for a permanent home. Cloud storage such as Dropbox and Google are all completely automated, integrated, and free. And you have the capacity of whatever hard drive space you have at home too. The only photos you should permanently lose in the case of a dead card or lost phone are the few recently taken ones that haven't been stored elsewhere.
Galaxy S4 using TING on the Sprint Almost "Now" Network
- Negalite KitKat NAE
- TWRP Recovery
- 16016 PRL for full high speed 3G while roaming!
- Google Everything. It runs my life. It's my bitch. Or I'm google's bitch. Maybe both.

Chahk
Old
Thanks Meter 162
As flash storage gets cheaper and more manufacturers are starting to make SD Cards, their profits become razor-thin and quality control is the first thing that goes out the window. Bottom line - it's a crap shoot. You can get a cheapo no-name brand card that will work great for years, or you can spend double for a brand name that will fail within a month.

The only thing you should worry about when buying an SD Card is how good the seller's customer support is. Amazon and NewEgg are usually great at handling returns/exchanges, whereas eBay may be cheaper, but you'll be SOL if you need to return the card.
Galaxy S4 GPe (I9505G/jgedlte) - Stock (4.4.4), rooted, Xposed. Recovery: CWM 6.0.4.7.
Moto X GSM (SIM-unlocked) - stock 4.4.3.
Acer A500 tablet - ROM: OmniROM 4.4.2 V12 | Recovery: TWRP-based REV 2.0 beta2
LG G Pad 8.3 GPe (V510) - stock 4.4.4.
Pebble Steel - ROM: stock 2.3.
Amazon Fire TV - stock.

inkdup102586
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Best buy deal of the day is on Sd cards

John The Rhino
Old
Thanks Meter 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealyourface View Post
I must be the only one to never have a problem with any SanDisk cards ever in my life. Have a 64GB ultra in my S4 now. Running just fine for months.
I also have never had any issues with my 32 gb & 64 gb SanDisk cards. I take lots of pictures for work & never 1 problem with them

inkdup102586
Old
Thanks Meter 10
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sandisk-...&skuId=1300086

32gb Class 10 22 bucks. Great deal