5,605,835 Members 47,912 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Discussion]LG G3 Expected Launching

Tip us?

freebee269
Old
(Last edited by freebee269; 20th February 2014 at 08:55 PM.)
Thanks Meter 385

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadHatter01 View Post
If the Samsung S5 will have the Snapdragon 805 and its launching soon, then the G3 should be able to get the Snapdragon 805.
false. as i said, the snapdragon 805 isnt in production yet. cant have a phone with the soc if it isnt even made yet. here's what we know so far about the gs5. http://www.phonearena.com/phones/Sam...laxy-S5_id8202 notice it too is using the beefed up snapdragon 800 or samsung's in house soc.

edit: this is taken from qualcomm "The Snapdragon 805 processor is sampling now and expected to be available in commercial devices by the first half of 2014." notice they said the first half not first quarter.
Link to my Dev Host Files = http://d-h.st/users/freebee269

Dri94
Old
Thanks Meter 544

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by freebee269 View Post
false. as i said, the snapdragon 805 isnt in production yet. cant have a phone with the soc if it isnt even made yet. here's what we know so far about the gs5. http://www.phonearena.com/phones/Sam...laxy-S5_id8202 notice it too is using the beefed up snapdragon 800 or samsung's in house soc.

edit: this is taken from qualcomm "The Snapdragon 805 processor is sampling now and expected to be available in commercial devices by the first half of 2014." notice they said the first half not first quarter.
I don't know about the s5 or g3 but they can ANNOUNCE the phone will have the 805 and launch the phone later. And since it says first half it can be anyone before June which is when phones might come out. It's possible still

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

freebee269
Old
(Last edited by freebee269; 20th February 2014 at 09:28 PM.)
Thanks Meter 385

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dri94 View Post
I don't know about the s5 or g3 but they can ANNOUNCE the phone will have the 805 and launch the phone later. And since it says first half it can be anyone before June which is when phones might come out. It's possible still

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
i agree. samsung is known to launch different iterations of their phone at later dates like refreshes. but this discussion is about what's going to be in it at launch date and if it's worth getting or waiting for something better. also a rumor came out today about a samsung executive that said the gs5 will launch in march. if that's true then it's highly unlikely to have the 805 in it. but we will find out on monday!
Link to my Dev Host Files = http://d-h.st/users/freebee269

ericdabbs
Old
Thanks Meter 298
Now that we know what the Samsung GS5 looks like, I am curious to see what LG has in store to "keep up with the Joneses" for the LG G3. I think a fingerprint sensor and dust/waterproofness should be a must for the LG G3. Bring back the microSD card slot would also be a nice feature. I wouldn't want to see a huge jump in screen size but maybe like 5.3" is good enough since the GS5 barely moved up in display size. I don't think its necessary to have to increase the screen size every year.

kewlio250
Old
Thanks Meter 0
wow, i love the thought of QHD resolution on a phone, but it is way too soon for a new g series

podagee
Old
Thanks Meter 221
me... i honestly cant wait for the g3 putting extra money in my piggy bank cause i want it. dont care how big it is. im in love with lg now.
AT&T LG G2-completely stock(no root)-wrapped in Ballistic SG MAXX case.

"Its not the device....its operator error."

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to podagee For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Billy Madison
Old
Thanks Meter 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericdabbs View Post
I think a fingerprint sensor and dust/waterproofness should be a must for the LG G3. Bring back the microSD card slot would also be a nice feature
I doubt G3 will got SDcard, I think LG reserved SD card for G Pro series and for native Korean customers of G3. Especially now when 4.4 Kitkat banned third party apps from writing to SD and SD now is crippled asset. So I think LG must introduce 2 models, one having 32G onboard for 3rd world and second having 64G ROM for Korea/JP/USA/EU
64G nonremovable is a must as of Kitkat era to lg be considered first tier brand. if they don't want lenovo and huawei continue to oversell them

dust/waterproofness will be only JP version as is G2 L-01F

I think if crowd want SD card brought back so bad then ppl must be vocal on fb.com/LGmobile so lg would hear ppl demand. No point of whine somewhere in lurks of internet. Anyway I very much doubt that 32G G2 selling "bad" w/o slot, I think demand is good and lg is content of sales and profits

damtuan91091
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Prediction:
5.5 inch screen Full HD
Snapdragon 801
3GB RAM
Camera 13mp
Battery 3300mah
Memory 32/64GB

Fir3blade
Old
Thanks Meter 427
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericdabbs View Post
Now that we know what the Samsung GS5 looks like, I am curious to see what LG has in store to "keep up with the Joneses" for the LG G3. I think a fingerprint sensor and dust/waterproofness should be a must for the LG G3. Bring back the microSD card slot would also be a nice feature. I wouldn't want to see a huge jump in screen size but maybe like 5.3" is good enough since the GS5 barely moved up in display size. I don't think its necessary to have to increase the screen size every year.
Everything you said, but if it would make the bezels thicker like on the S5, I don't want to be it waterproof.

---------- Post added at 03:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:46 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by damtuan91091 View Post
Prediction:
5.5 inch screen Full HD
Snapdragon 801
3GB RAM
Camera 13mp
Battery 3300mah
Memory 32/64GB
Would be OK with that, but 5,5" seems a little bit large to me, except they shrink the bezels even more.
My prediction would be 5,3-5,4".

Billy Madison
Old
Thanks Meter 162
G3 is coming with a killer camera something that will make you say WOW
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2511_01[1].jpg
Views:	1104
Size:	20.8 KB
ID:	2618078  

The Following User Says Thank You to Billy Madison For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]