Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,752 Members 39,668 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Still no way to change camera exposure setting?

Tip us?

freakified
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Camera [Q] Still no way to change camera exposure setting?

No third party app I've found is able to change the camera exposure -- whether on the stock rom or the others I've tried, it just stays the same, no matter what you set it to. Looking through these forums, it seems this is a pretty well-known problem, but I couldn't find a solution.

Is there still no known way to fix this? Do any alternate roms or kernels help?

shadowgrower420
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by freakified View Post
No third party app I've found is able to change the camera exposure -- whether on the stock rom or the others I've tried, it just stays the same, no matter what you set it to. Looking through these forums, it seems this is a pretty well-known problem, but I couldn't find a solution.

Is there still no known way to fix this? Do any alternate roms or kernels help?
i don't think our phones have the hardware capable for this . there may be away to simulate it but true exposure timing adjustment is mechanical

freakified
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowgrower420 View Post
i don't think our phones have the hardware capable for this . there may be away to simulate it but true exposure timing adjustment is mechanical
True, but it is definitely capable of adjusting the exposure when it detects brighter or darker light. It's unfortunate that unlike my horrible old HTC phone (Wildfire S), the functionality doesn't seem to be exposed in software...

shadowgrower420
Old
Thanks Meter 5
i believe the iso is adjusted not the exsposure, to assist with light .