XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Bluetooth: Sense Vs. AOSP

Tip us?

edgemaster191
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 31
Default [Q] Bluetooth: Sense Vs. AOSP

My issue here is with the bluetooth connection between my phone and my car stereo.

I have a Kenwood KDC-X995 receiver in my car. When i connect my phone to my stereo with a Sense ROM, my radio sits there displaying "downloading" which it does when it's transferring contacts from the phone to the headunit. This takes up to 20 minutes to complete. Also, during this time, if I make or receive a phone call while it's stuck downloading the whole process gets hung up. The first phone call works, but in order to use it again I have to turn off bluetooth on my phone then turn it back on.

This is an issue with stock 4.3, as well as Viper's ROM 5.0 and InsertCoin 7.x and 8.x.

I've also told the phone NOT to transfer contacts to the headunit and still tries and gets stuck at "Downloading" on my headunit.

When i've tried this with the GPE ROM"s and CyanogenMOD 11, everything works perfectly. Contacts sync to the headunit in a matter of seconds, phone calls work fine, everything does what it should be doing.

I never had a problem with my Galaxy S3 running TouchWhiz or CyanogenMOD, and my iPhone 4S works perfectly as well.

This seems to be an issue with Sense based ROM's and i'm not sure what to do. I don't feel like my headunit is at fault here.

Should mention, my phone connects to my BlueAnt Ribbon and JBL Flip just fine but there is no contact syncing going on with these devices.

Thanks everybody for any info.
In my pocket:
Device: Verizon HTC One
ROM: NuSenseSIX
Kernel: Stock

Verizon LG GPad 8.3
ROM: Stock for now.

On my desk:
Asus G73JH - A1
i7 720qm 1.6ghz
16gb DDR3
Radeon 5870m w/1gb DDR5
2x 500gb HD's (1x Seagate Momentus XT)
8x BD-ROM/DVD-RW
17.3 inch Full HD LED Display

Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/edge191

aer0zer0
Old
Thanks Meter 51
I had a different but similar issue, in my 2012 Nissan frontier 4.2.2 sense worked fine, once I upgraded to 4.3 or 4.4 sense, it broke. My problem ended up being the new PBX. I paid for an app called Bluetooth phonebook and it forces the old PBX and then everything worked for me.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Dear lord... please allow this dangerous combination of hair spary, bat slobber, and D.O.T. four automatic transmission fluid to excite my mind, occupy my spirits, and enrage my body, provoking me to kick any man or woman in the back of the head regardless of what he or she has or has not done unto me.
The Following User Says Thank You to aer0zer0 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

edgemaster191
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 31
Awesome! Thanks. I'll give this a shot.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk
In my pocket:
Device: Verizon HTC One
ROM: NuSenseSIX
Kernel: Stock

Verizon LG GPad 8.3
ROM: Stock for now.

On my desk:
Asus G73JH - A1
i7 720qm 1.6ghz
16gb DDR3
Radeon 5870m w/1gb DDR5
2x 500gb HD's (1x Seagate Momentus XT)
8x BD-ROM/DVD-RW
17.3 inch Full HD LED Display

Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/edge191

aer0zer0
Old
Thanks Meter 51
Try the trial first, it won't dial the right number but if syncing works, buy it

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Dear lord... please allow this dangerous combination of hair spary, bat slobber, and D.O.T. four automatic transmission fluid to excite my mind, occupy my spirits, and enrage my body, provoking me to kick any man or woman in the back of the head regardless of what he or she has or has not done unto me.

NotATreoFan
Old
Moderator Committee Developer Committee
Thanks Meter 4,648
Try different kernels. The BT stack is controlled through the kernel and some of them have issues with certain BT configurations.

Contact the Moderator Committee with any questions or concerns regarding forum moderation.
Please MENTION me if you require semi-prompt assistance. I may not see posts for several hours.