Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Battery life issues

OP Pekow91

27th February 2014, 08:48 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

20 posts
I'm running the Mahdi rom 2.5 on my gpad and my battery life is terrible. I have been doing some basic Web surfing for the past hour and the battery dropped 20% . I checked battery stats and it says the screen used 90% of the battery. I have it set at 70 percent brightness which doesn't seem to high. I'm new to Android so maybe I'm missing a setting . Any help will be great
27th February 2014, 08:56 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 33

232 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pekow91

I'm running the Mahdi rom 2.5 on my gpad and my battery life is terrible. I have been doing some basic Web surfing for the past hour and the battery dropped 20% . I checked battery stats and it says the screen used 90% of the battery. I have it set at 70 percent brightness which doesn't seem to high. I'm new to Android so maybe I'm missing a setting . Any help will be great

One thing that helped my battery life was turning off the location access in settings. Alot of apps these days like to monitor your location to assist in features they have within their apps.
27th February 2014, 10:28 AM   |  #3  
Staatsliedenbuurt
Thanks Meter: 35

253 posts
Quote:

I have been doing some basic Web surfing for the past hour and the battery dropped 20% . I checked battery stats and it says the screen used 90% of the battery.

That seems about normal.
With the screen all the time on you can get about 5 hours of battery life.

It's the screen that eats pretty much all of the battery so there's no solution for it.
27th February 2014, 11:14 AM   |  #4  
Flag Behind You
Thanks Meter: 694

1,046 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASW1

That seems about normal.
With the screen all the time on you can get about 5 hours of battery life.

It's the screen that eats pretty much all of the battery so there's no solution for it.

I was thinking 5-6 hours sounds about right too.

Sent from my LG-V500 using XDA Premium HD app
27th February 2014, 05:29 PM   |  #5  
Flag UK
Thanks Meter: 28

74 posts
More
Quote:

I'm using Mahdi rom too, but it's not that bad, I think it's generally the G Pad not brilliant on battery.

I know this doesn't help with on-screen time, but get yourself Greenify app which helps with off screen battery usage. You'll need Xposed module for it to work.

You can stop wakelocks for certain things too. Get yourself Better Battery Stats to show you what's eating your battery up, especially when in sleep. When you know what's causing wakelocks, you can block them with the Rom.

You can turn this feature on under Settings > Developer Options > all the way to bottom, find "Wakelock Blocker" > Click "Enable"

Here's a few which cause problems, for me anyway, by all means try them out and see if it makes a difference:
- ActivityManager-Launch
- AlarmManager
- AudioIn
- AudioMix
- GCM_CONN_ALARM
- NlpWakeLock

Hope that helps.
27th February 2014, 05:45 PM   |  #6  
Staatsliedenbuurt
Thanks Meter: 35

253 posts
All those things don't really help, unless you are losing more battery than a couple of percent overnight (which shouldn't be the case normally)
Actually I think that apart from the screen the G pad is very efficient and hardly uses battery when sleeping.
And there's nothing you can do about the screen being power hungry.
Last edited by ASW1; 27th February 2014 at 05:50 PM.
27th February 2014, 05:55 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

20 posts
Thanks for the help guys. I guess I will have to keep it close to the charger.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread