5,604,686 Members 36,001 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Can't Install Omega Rom v23 Stuck At Samsung Logo, Tried all ways (i think)

Tip us?

xmfcx
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Can't Install Omega Rom v23 Stuck At Samsung Logo, Tried all ways (i think)

Hello, I am on a n7100.
I firstly flashed my stock rom 4.1.2 from odin.
My phone works well with stock.

I have downloaded the omega rom v23 from here.
I firstly installed MJ5 Bootloader via Odin 3.9.
Then Flashed "TWRP recovery" via Odin 3.9 again.
I had already put omega rom zip to my external sd card.
So I have wiped all the ways i could ever do from twrp wipe section. (All except external data storage)
Then selected install zip, Omega logo appeared awesome.
I press next, Omega Rom Installation, Full wipe, Install Omega Rom, Default Installation, Next, Install!
It installs everything correctly.
Then, Reboot Device is already ticked, I press End.
Twrp says rebooting...
And Samsung GALAXY Note II GT-N7100 logo comes.
And never goes off. Boot stuck.

Please help me i dont know where i am failing at. I made way too much research, tried way too many install orders, please show me the true way...

MdBst
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I think you should try flashing another ROM and see how it goes.. Mine already got stuck at boot because of multiple causes... In my case it was mostly kernel issues... But I dont think that applies for you....

xmfcx
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by MdBst View Post
I think you should try flashing another ROM and see how it goes.. Mine already got stuck at boot because of multiple causes... In my case it was mostly kernel issues... But I dont think that applies for you....
I had alliance rom v5.2 installed 5 days ago. It has 4.3 interface and note 3 apps aswell. But Omega Rom, I cant install. Now i got 4.3 stock rom. My bootloader updated with knox. Warranty is also 1 :P but still omega rom causes same issue. The thing i wonder is, If i install stock rom with odin, does it also reinstall the original bootloader?

Also, after getting newer stock rom, i cannot flash the mj5 bootloader anymore. It says it is outdated. I guess i have MK9 from now on. And cant go to MJ5. I dont even have no idea anout how to compare them. I am a noob rom flasher. But I am not a noob googler. Even so, I cannot find definite knowledge about MJ5 bootloader

MdBst
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Usually when you flash trough Odin you get the bootloader that comes with the ROM... But perhaps they added some aditional verification or something like that to make sure you don't revert the bootloader to the old one (without knox)... Even then I don't understand why some ROMs work and others don't... Acording to Omega thread you did everything right... Have you ever used Mobile Odin instead of Odin?

xmfcx
Old
(Last edited by xmfcx; 10th March 2014 at 05:55 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
No, I have never tried Moblie Odin.

Edit: I am back on Alliance Rom, i won't probably check here later on, u do not have to reply anymore.