Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,233 Members 50,821 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Gear stuck on "Downloading... Do not turn off target !!" screen

Tip us?
 
AndroidUser12345678910
Old
#1  
AndroidUser12345678910's Avatar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 27
Join Date: Feb 2014
Question [Q] Gear stuck on "Downloading... Do not turn off target !!" screen

After putting my Gear into download mode and using the cradle and a usb cord to hook it up to my laptop to flash a recovery to it it got stuck on that screen, i would like to get this resolved red pretty fast, the gear is getting hot and i think it might get burned into the screen. Does anyone know a solution to this?
 
fOmey
Old
(Last edited by fOmey; 2nd February 2014 at 05:05 AM.)
#2  
fOmey's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3,925
Posts: 3,150
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Sydney, AUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidUser12345678910 View Post
After putting my Gear into download mode and using the cradle and a usb cord to hook it up to my laptop to flash a recovery to it it got stuck on that screen, i would like to get this resolved red pretty fast, the gear is getting hot and i think it might get burned into the screen. Does anyone know a solution to this?
Did you untick auto-reboot ?

If you did, your gear wont automatically reboot once the flash has finished.. once you confirm the flash has completed, simply manually reboot your gear into recovery mode & you will be welcomed by the TWRP logo.


The whole point of unticking the "auto-reboot" option is so it doesn't boot back into the android OS, otherwise the recovery will be overwritten with the default one.. I repeat you must manually reboot your gear into recovery mode by holding down the power button.



HELPFUL POST? HIT THANKS !

OR BETTER YET

BUY ME A BEER OR TWO ?


GTA V FORUM :: MODS, GLITCHES & BOOSTING SERVICES

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fOmey For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
AndroidUser12345678910
Old
#3  
AndroidUser12345678910's Avatar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 27
Join Date: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by fOmey View Post
Did you untick auto-reboot ?
Yes, i did that, just now i held down the power button and got it to restart, but when i enter download mode and try to flash again, it just gets stuck on the same screen.
 
fOmey
Old
#4  
fOmey's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3,925
Posts: 3,150
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Sydney, AUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidUser12345678910 View Post
Yes, i did that, just now i held down the power button and got it to restart, but when i enter download mode and try to flash again, it just gets stuck on the same screen.
Read my post agian..



HELPFUL POST? HIT THANKS !

OR BETTER YET

BUY ME A BEER OR TWO ?


GTA V FORUM :: MODS, GLITCHES & BOOSTING SERVICES

 
AndroidUser12345678910
Old
#5  
AndroidUser12345678910's Avatar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 27
Join Date: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by fOmey View Post
Read my post agian..
Ok i see what you mean, but in the tutorial it just says to flash the recovery and then open mobileshare and transfer the rom to the gear, but when it is on the download screen i cant access its files on mobileshare...

am i supposed to reboot it and then put the rom on it? if so im sorry for my ignorance it wasnt clear in the tutorial.
 
AndroidUser12345678910
Old
#6  
AndroidUser12345678910's Avatar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 27
Join Date: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by fOmey View Post
Did you untick auto-reboot ?

If you did, your gear wont automatically reboot once the flash has finished.. once you confirm the flash has completed, simply manually reboot your gear into recovery mode & you will be welcomed by the TWRP logo.


The whole point of unticking the "auto-reboot" option is so it doesn't boot back into the android OS, otherwise the recovery will be overwritten with the default one.. I repeat you must manually reboot your gear into recovery mode by holding down the power button.
ok, I started it into the recovery and download menu right after i flashed the recovery, instead of rebooting to the normal android like i was, but when i choose recovery mode the screen turns off and stays like that until i hold down the power button, then it reboots to the normal gear android interface instead of showing the TWRP logo. am i doing something wrong??
 
Nathan9872
Old
#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 1
Join Date: Feb 2014
Default Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidUser12345678910 View Post
ok, I started it into the recovery and download menu right after i flashed the recovery, instead of rebooting to the normal android like i was, but when i choose recovery mode the screen turns off and stays like that until i hold down the power button, then it reboots to the normal gear android interface instead of showing the TWRP logo. am i doing something wrong??
Got the same problem right now. When I choose "Recovery", the Gear just turn off...

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes