How to Control Both Moto G and Moto E LEDs

Notification LEDs offer a great way to check for notification at a glance on the Moto G (2013) and … more

LG G3 Receives Oversharpening Fix via Modified Kernel

Nothing is perfect, as they say. No matter how alluring or seemingly perfect, … more

APKTool Updated with Android Lollipop Support

One of the beauties of Android is the level of flexibility we have over our devices. Whether … more

Lollipop Leak for Sprint Galaxy S5, TWRP for Micromax Canvas Magnus – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop has been leaked for the Sprint … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Phone fell off bunk bed, need advice...

OP Andreyftw

27th February 2014, 03:12 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

10 posts
Situation is pretty stupid, my wife trying to file a insurance claim for her S4 after the 60 day period and insurance wont cover it now although she has been paying the insurance for 20 month already,
she first dropped it in the water, resulting in some of the screen to stop responding to touch, week after she dropped it off a bunk bed.. And now the screen is completely black but phone still powers on, it has cracks under the glass...
At&t werent able to help but they did give a helpful advice if we can get the device working for one day then we can resubmit the claim. But we have to make a few phone calls for it to count, we tried calling the phone the buttons lit up but the screen didnt and we werent to swipe to accept the call .
I understand that this is a software and firmware forum so I thought maybe there is a way to make a call through a computer using some sort of software. if not would u say just getting a digitizer would work?
Thanks hopefully I can resolve this soon
27th February 2014, 03:18 AM   |  #2  
Flag Ct,Eastern
Thanks Meter: 190

499 posts
Donate to Me
More
You got bluetooth paired or a wired headset to try calls.. The digitizer lcd and glass comes on a housing and cost a pretty penny.. sorry to hear the bad news..
27th February 2014, 03:25 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

10 posts
Thumbs up Thanks alot)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hankbizzo5

You got bluetooth paired or a wired headset to try calls.. The digitizer lcd and glass comes on a housing and cost a pretty penny.. sorry to hear the bad news..

Thanks for the advice!!! In fact I do have a Bluetooth device that I used with that phone earlier it could work
And I looked digitizer online they are only about 12 bucks, I dont even care about the screen I just need to be able to accept a call and I could do that without seeing.
27th February 2014, 04:03 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

10 posts
Unhappy Well it didnt work, the phones bluetooth is off...
Well it didnt work, the phones bluetooth is off...
27th February 2014, 04:31 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 194

1,165 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreyftw

Well it didnt work, the phones bluetooth is off...

Ummm borrow a phone a slide the sim card into it... make calls.... no???? it registers as your number....
27th February 2014, 04:51 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

10 posts
If only it was that easy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gage_Hero

Ummm borrow a phone a slide the sim card into it... make calls.... no???? it registers as your number....

They can actually tell which device is on the network and making calls :\
27th February 2014, 07:34 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 264

812 posts
Man just get a new digitizer and screen off amazon or ebay. F*ck insurance. Less stress to fix it yourself
27th February 2014, 07:28 PM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member

10 posts
Thumbs up Agreed
Quote:
Originally Posted by SelfElevated2

Man just get a new digitizer and screen off amazon or ebay. F*ck insurance. Less stress to fix it yourself

Nvm i got it
Last edited by Andreyftw; 28th February 2014 at 12:28 AM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread