Firefox OS Architecture and Collaboration Opportunities w/ Asa Dotzler – XDA:DevCon 2014

We were privileged to host many presentations … more

Unofficial Android 4.4 Lands on Three Mediatek Devices

For the last few years, devices with MTK systems-on-chip haven’t received much … more

MultiImagePicker Library for Multiple Image Selection

App developmentcan be done in more than a handful of ways. You can write every single … more

Shoot Troubles, Not Users w/ Alex Boag-Munroe – XDA:DevCon 2014

In presenting the various sessions from XDA:DevCon 2014, weve mainly … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Phone Won't Mount SD Card

OP iLoveBBQRibs

27th February 2014, 02:22 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

12 posts
More
Last night I decided to restore my phone back to the stock ROM. I've completed this process countless times before without ever having this problem. I made my backups via Titanium and TWRP recovery. Since I had a lot of photos saved internally, I wanted to move them to my SD card before going back to the stock ROM since they would have been deleted. I used my file manager and MOVED folders containing the pictures that I wanted to save to my SD card. I think this is where my problem stems from. I probably should have copied the folders instead of just moving them. After the stock ROM loaded up I went through the introduction steps and afterwards I noticed the "Your SD card is safe to remove" notification. I went to settings to try and mount the SD card but the setting app ends up crashing. Thinking I made a mistake while going back to stock, I restored my phone back the ROM I was using my backup only to find out that the problem still persisted. The card can be mounted in windows and in recovery mode. I have no idea how to make my phone mount it normally though.
27th February 2014, 02:41 PM   |  #2  
Flag Arizona
Thanks Meter: 120

395 posts
More
Since you restored stock and are having problems I would flash stock via Odin without the sdcard in the phone just to be sure.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to jrebo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th February 2014, 03:08 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

12 posts
More
I just tried that and it still didn't mount. I should probably note that it's my 64GB SD card that cannot be mounted and my 16GB one can.
27th February 2014, 06:13 PM   |  #4  
Flag Arizona
Thanks Meter: 120

395 posts
More
Fat32?

27th February 2014, 06:15 PM   |  #5  
Flag houston, tx
Thanks Meter: 5,427

5,110 posts
Donate to Me
More
Well then sounds like an issue might be with the format of the card. Try backing it up to pc then formatting it as a fat file system instead of exfat.

The Following User Says Thank You to jlmancuso For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th February 2014, 07:53 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

12 posts
More
I backed up everything from my SD card to my desktop and reformatted it as exFAT (since that's how I originally formatted it) and now my phone can mount it normally again. Still not sure what made it unrecognizable to my phone, but I'm glad I don't have to purchase a new 64GB SD card now. Thanks for helping guys. Much appreciated.
27th February 2014, 08:00 PM   |  #7  
Flag houston, tx
Thanks Meter: 5,427

5,110 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLoveBBQRibs

I backed up everything from my SD card to my desktop and reformatted it as exFAT (since that's how I originally formatted it) and now my phone can mount it normally again. Still not sure what made it unrecognizable to my phone, but I'm glad I don't have to purchase a new 64GB SD card now. Thanks for helping guys. Much appreciated.

I still suggest using plain fat since exfat is not supported 100% by all roms/kernels. This could save you from issues later if you change from stock roms to custom roms.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread