Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,814,166 Members 44,918 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Phone Won't Mount SD Card

Tip us?

iLoveBBQRibs
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Phone Won't Mount SD Card

Last night I decided to restore my phone back to the stock ROM. I've completed this process countless times before without ever having this problem. I made my backups via Titanium and TWRP recovery. Since I had a lot of photos saved internally, I wanted to move them to my SD card before going back to the stock ROM since they would have been deleted. I used my file manager and MOVED folders containing the pictures that I wanted to save to my SD card. I think this is where my problem stems from. I probably should have copied the folders instead of just moving them. After the stock ROM loaded up I went through the introduction steps and afterwards I noticed the "Your SD card is safe to remove" notification. I went to settings to try and mount the SD card but the setting app ends up crashing. Thinking I made a mistake while going back to stock, I restored my phone back the ROM I was using my backup only to find out that the problem still persisted. The card can be mounted in windows and in recovery mode. I have no idea how to make my phone mount it normally though.

jrebo
Old
Thanks Meter 112
Since you restored stock and are having problems I would flash stock via Odin without the sdcard in the phone just to be sure.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to jrebo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

iLoveBBQRibs
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
I just tried that and it still didn't mount. I should probably note that it's my 64GB SD card that cannot be mounted and my 16GB one can.

jrebo
Old
Thanks Meter 112
Fat32?

jlmancuso
Old
Thanks Meter 4,998

DONATE TO ME
Well then sounds like an issue might be with the format of the card. Try backing it up to pc then formatting it as a fat file system instead of exfat.

Jlmancuso

HTC Og Evo, Evo 3d, kyocera torque and Note II all cloned on cricKet
The Following User Says Thank You to jlmancuso For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

iLoveBBQRibs
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
I backed up everything from my SD card to my desktop and reformatted it as exFAT (since that's how I originally formatted it) and now my phone can mount it normally again. Still not sure what made it unrecognizable to my phone, but I'm glad I don't have to purchase a new 64GB SD card now. Thanks for helping guys. Much appreciated.

jlmancuso
Old
Thanks Meter 4,998

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLoveBBQRibs View Post
I backed up everything from my SD card to my desktop and reformatted it as exFAT (since that's how I originally formatted it) and now my phone can mount it normally again. Still not sure what made it unrecognizable to my phone, but I'm glad I don't have to purchase a new 64GB SD card now. Thanks for helping guys. Much appreciated.
I still suggest using plain fat since exfat is not supported 100% by all roms/kernels. This could save you from issues later if you change from stock roms to custom roms.

Jlmancuso

HTC Og Evo, Evo 3d, kyocera torque and Note II all cloned on cricKet