5,606,588 Members 35,133 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP][4.0+] SwiP - Switch profiles intelligently 0.2.6 [Beta]

Tip us?

ContactFront
Old
Thanks Meter 60
One quick suggestion, not related to core functions of the app, but would you please consider adding an option to switch languages in the setting menu?

diogo.sena
Old
Thanks Meter 150
I was in a hurry, and didn't read the thread carefully, but want to report a bug,
When creating a second trigger, if there's one with location set, the location of the first, is automagically copied to the second, as soon as you view the first

Enviado de meu Nexus 4 usando Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to diogo.sena For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Flow-Chi
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by User_99 View Post
It's not the checkbox, it's the setting itself. If I want to select one, the options for this setting won't open. Only a flash of the selection is shown and will work after reopen the app.

No problem with the selection dialogue itself. What I want to say is, why is there the option "Wähle ein Profil aus"? Is this not the title? Or is this also an option?

Bugteport: Currently have only one profile and one rule active. Profile Standard and trigger is time. In profile only set to change the sound-profile to silent. Timerange 17:00 till 07:30 and sound set to silent. It works fine at 17:00 and profile is active (sound goes silent) but in the morining it won't get activated again. Still silent at 07:50
Hmm that seems strange.. I'll have to wait till we get some more reports about that, since we don't really have much information about it now.

No, it's not the title. It should be also an option, although it does not make much sense now. As far as I remember we did it this way, because it was easier to implement and we wanted the possibility to enhance it in the future. I hope we'll be able to set CyanogenMod profiles soon and then you'd need to set one of the profiles to "none" (or "choose a profile" however you'd like to call it).

What would you expect to happen? The profile should not be triggered at 7:50 or am I getting something wrong?
Also you'd need to know that the profile won't be applied again if the user decides to change settings by hand (e.g. presses volume up), otherwise it would get quite annoying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ContactFront View Post
One quick suggestion, not related to core functions of the app, but would you please consider adding an option to switch languages in the setting menu?
Sure we can do that! Seems fair to make the translators' lives easier

Quote:
Originally Posted by diogo.sena View Post
I was in a hurry, and didn't read the thread carefully, but want to report a bug,
When creating a second trigger, if there's one with location set, the location of the first, is automagically copied to the second, as soon as you view the first

You are right! Thanks for the report, seems like we forgot to load the "ignored" location after the geofence-bug fix!
The Following User Says Thank You to Flow-Chi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

User_99
Old
Thanks Meter 862
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flow-Chi View Post
No, it's not the title. It should be also an option, although it does not make much sense now. As far as I remember we did it this way, because it was easier to implement and we wanted the possibility to enhance it in the future. I hope we'll be able to set CyanogenMod profiles soon and then you'd need to set one of the profiles to "none" (or "choose a profile" however you'd like to call it).
Ok, got it.
BUT if I create a new trigger and leave the checkbox to the default value "Wähle ein Profil aus" it's not possible for me to save because I got the popup to choose a profile

Quote:
What would you expect to happen? The profile should not be triggered at 7:50 or am I getting something wrong?
Also you'd need to know that the profile won't be applied again if the user decides to change settings by hand (e.g. presses volume up), otherwise it would get quite annoying.
I thought that between 17:00 and 07:30 the profile is set to "silent" in my case and after 07:30 set back to the conditions before 17:00 o'clock. Or do I miss something?
Device: Sony Ericsson xPeria Arc S -- Rom: CM10Hasty@10-11-2013 -- Base: CM 10 - Linaro/O3/BIONIC Optimization - GCC 4.9 -- Radio: 77 -- Kernel: 2.6.32.60
Device: Samsung Galaxy Note GT-7000 -- Rom: Paranoid 2.56@20-12-2012 -- Base: CM 10-PA -- Radio: BOLT1 -- Kernel: #35
Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 GT-N5100 -- Rom: Stock 4.1.2 -- Base: Stock -- Radio: Stock -- Kernel: Stock

korkie
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Hi,

is it possible to add the option "change profile when connect to a special wifi connection"
like i have my "standard" profile active and i´m coming home and the phone connects to my home wifi -> switch profile to "home profile"

diogo.sena
Old
Thanks Meter 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by korkie View Post
Hi,

is it possible to add the option "change profile when connect to a special wifi connection"
like i have my "standard" profile active and i´m coming home and the phone connects to my home wifi -> switch profile to "home profile"
you can have similar effect using a geofence at your home, and it works quite well
The Following User Says Thank You to diogo.sena For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Flow-Chi
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by User_99 View Post
Ok, got it.
BUT if I create a new trigger and leave the checkbox to the default value "Wähle ein Profil aus" it's not possible for me to save because I got the popup to choose a profile

I thought that between 17:00 and 07:30 the profile is set to "silent" in my case and after 07:30 set back to the conditions before 17:00 o'clock. Or do I miss something?
Yeah we decided not to preselect a profile for the user.. so you need to select a profile to save the trigger (otherwise the trigger would not make much sense).
But if we add CyanogenMod profiles for example you could select a CM profile and leave the SwiP profile unchanged (set to "Choose a profile").

No it does not get set back, you'd need to configure a counter trigger for every trigger you've set up. (Simply because it's possible that multiple triggers could be activated after each other and then it would not be clear what the last settings were).

Quote:
Originally Posted by korkie View Post
Hi,

Like diogo.sena said, this should be doable by setting up a geofence, which also uses the wifi to determine your location.
We'll also add wifi connection as a trigger some time, but it will take some time till we get to it.

New version up, by the way!
Weekday triggers are available now, we fixed some bugs and added new translations.
Feel free to check it out at one of the sources from the first post!

diogo.sena
Old
Thanks Meter 150
Quote:
Yeah we decided not to preselect a profile for the user.. so you need to select a profile to save the trigger (otherwise the trigger would not make much sense).
But if we add CyanogenMod profiles for example you could select a CM profile and leave the SwiP profile unchanged (set to "Choose a profile").

No it does not get set back, you'd need to configure a counter trigger for every trigger you've set up. (Simply because it's possible that multiple triggers could be activated after each other and then it would not be clear what the last settings were).

Like diogo.sena said, this should be doable by setting up a geofence, which also uses the wifi to determine your location.
We'll also add wifi connection as a trigger some time, but it will take some time till we get to it.

New version up, by the way!
Weekday triggers are available now, we fixed some bugs and added new translations.
Feel free to check it out at one of the sources from the first post!
Triggers stopped working in latest version, (i tried location, time, weekdays...)

Flow-Chi
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogo.sena View Post
Triggers stopped working in latest version, (i tried location, time, weekdays...)

Does it work if you delete all triggers and create new ones?
Or maybe if you uninstall the app and reinstall it?

It may be an issue concerning the update process, as we can not really update our testing versions (they get reinstalled every time).
It seems to work fine on our devices though..

We are looking into it!

diogo.sena
Old
(Last edited by diogo.sena; 11th March 2014 at 12:25 PM.)
Thanks Meter 150
Quote:
Does it work if you delete all triggers and create new ones?
Or maybe if you uninstall the app and reinstall it?

It may be an issue concerning the update process, as we can not really update our testing versions (they get reinstalled every time).
It seems to work fine on our devices though..

We are looking into it!
the update made the app force close at first, so i was forced to do that.. i will reinstall and test again

edit: yeah, wipe data for the app solve it, i report if happens again.. theres a litle bug with the notification, when you rename a profile, notification keeps showing the old name

Tags
automation, nfc, open source, profile, trigger