Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[q] anyone got OK Google to work on s3mini

OP suhiSLO

4th February 2014, 12:24 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
55 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
More
I was playing with Google now and like it a lot but can't get it to work without hitting the mic button (hotword ok google). Does anyone use it and does it work like on nexsus 5 without the extra app?

I'm set to English (US), functions are on..., did restart, updated all the apps needed...

The for any clue.
4th February 2014, 01:59 PM   |  #2  
eswarvf's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag hyderabad
Thanks Meter: 148
 
580 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by suhiSLO

I was playing with Google now and like it a lot but can't get it to work without hitting the mic button (hotword ok google). Does anyone use it and does it work like on nexsus 5 without the extra app?

I'm set to English (US), functions are on..., did restart, updated all the apps needed...

The for any clue.


read this faq u will find it from now on read this faq thread before you ask
The Following User Says Thank You to eswarvf For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th February 2014, 02:31 PM   |  #3  
lefterios's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 113
 
622 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by eswarvf



read this faq u will find it from now on read this faq thread before you ask

I have tried it but not working!
4th February 2014, 03:36 PM   |  #4  
eswarvf's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag hyderabad
Thanks Meter: 148
 
580 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2013
More
Question
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefterios

I have tried it but not working!

itll work for sure
anyway what did u do
4th February 2014, 03:57 PM   |  #5  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
55 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
More
The funny thing is - your guide sucks. Removing velvet.apk removes Google launcher and you have to manually open Google now-Google search to use it and OK Google function. + learn proper English or use auto correction. I don't speak English to, but I do my best to be understood.
The Following User Says Thank You to suhiSLO For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th February 2014, 04:11 PM   |  #6  
Carlyle_f's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Cape Town
Thanks Meter: 66
 
234 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
More
His guide didnt work for me the first time either but I kept trying, even with different launchers I think the trick for me was rebooting before installing Google search and then again after. Now it works. My friend also did this, it worked for him as well. I'm not saying this WILL work for you but its worth a try good luck.

Sent from my GT-I8190 using xda app-developers app
5th February 2014, 07:43 AM   |  #7  
eswarvf's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag hyderabad
Thanks Meter: 148
 
580 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by suhiSLO

The funny thing is - your guide sucks. Removing velvet.apk removes Google launcher and you have to manually open Google now-Google search to use it and OK Google function. + learn proper English or use auto correction. I don't speak English to, but I do my best to be understood.

ok but please don't be aggressive can u tell me where i got it wrong
and
the funny thing is i cant understand what u posted now
i waited for someone to create this guide but no one did so what can i do so i did
so i will edit my guide in your way
u r welcome to give me some changes
Last edited by eswarvf; 5th February 2014 at 07:49 AM.
27th February 2014, 09:56 PM   |  #8  
Carlyle_f's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Cape Town
Thanks Meter: 66
 
234 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
More
Google now launcher https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...droid.launcher

Sent from my U.S.S Enterprise NCC-1701-A

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes