5,604,507 Members 45,982 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

(Discussion) What is the first thing you do when you get a new phone?

Tip us?

Ushkalka Mob
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juice3250 View Post
So, I'm just curious. What is the first thing you do when you get a new phone and go through the initial setup?

And, how long do you run the stock ROM before you root and flash?

I will normally download and install a different launcher and set up my screens with my apps and widgets.

Or I will see what kind of bloatware I have and how much available storage I have to work with.

The first phone I had was the Droid X2 which I didn't root until about 10 months after I got it. I researched and read about the basics of rooting then finally decided to take the plunge after a few months.

The second phone I had was the S3 on VZW. I had it less than one months before I rooted it and flashed a Custom ROM. I just couldn't take the ui of TW.

I eventually sold it after 3 months and bought a VZW Galaxy Nexus in near mint condition. I unlocked and rooted it the first day I had it. I am still on the stock ROM after having it for a week. I couldn't be happier with the performance. The battery life is horrible, of course, but I am always near a charger.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
I when receiving new phone I adjust general settings, and all the rest as required.

ElmohandsX
Old
Thanks Meter 4
rooting it then flash Roms

tocatalk
Old
Thanks Meter 1

DONATE TO ME
First rooooting it!!!! Then deleting every app I don't need and put the phone in my pocket. Take out every 5 minutes to random browse for stuff.

volterification
Old
Thanks Meter 1
unlock bootloader, root, install my apps

st0ryt311a
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Just like everyone rooting and flashing.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Apexpredator12
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Well what I usually do first is transfer all of my media like pictures and music then I usually get all of the social apps I use such as Facebook YouTube Instagram etc

Sent from my C5303 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

metallo97
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Firstly all the apps. I do not like to root the phone when it shiny new. I prefer waiting some months...

Kingzup87
Old
Thanks Meter 0
honestly I root it xD