Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,276 Members 44,699 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] made a boo boo with my e971

Tip us?
 
aceman67
Old
#1  
aceman67's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 32
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Lethbridge
Phone [Q] made a boo boo with my e971

Playing worth my phone over the weekend, playing with different ROMs, I some how got my phone to say its an e975 and now my camera won't work. I don't know how I did it.

What can I do to fix this so I can get on a ROM designed for my phone.

I have the latest CWM and currently running the most up to date CyanogenMod 11 snap shot build.
 
itsdacj
Old
#2  
itsdacj's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 18
Posts: 121
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Northants
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceman67 View Post
Playing worth my phone over the weekend, playing with different ROMs, I some how got my phone to say its an e975 and now my camera won't work. I don't know how I did it.

What can I do to fix this so I can get on a ROM designed for my phone.

I have the latest CWM and currently running the most up to date CyanogenMod 11 snap shot build.
Have you tried a 3rd party camera app to establish if it's the rom or the app?

Sent from my LG-E975 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
MY DEVICES
  • LG Optimus G - CM11 4.4.4 - Solid Kernel (For now, always switching ROM).
  • iPad Mini (Non Retina) - 16GB - White - iOS 8 Beta 5.
The Following User Says Thank You to itsdacj For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Excelstar
Old
#3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Jan 2013
What you did wrong is flashing a ROM that goes only with the International edition of the Optimus G (E975/6/7, geehrc).
You need a ROM made for the GEEB (E970, AT&T).
 
aceman67
Old
#4  
aceman67's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 32
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Lethbridge
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsdacj View Post
Have you tried a 3rd party camera app to establish if it's the rom or the app?

Sent from my LG-E975 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Tried a 3rd party app and it crashed. What I need is a way to get my phone to think its an e971 (or an e973 since they have tie same hardware) again so I can install the right ROM because it fails when I try and flash the right ROM saying I have an e975.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelstar View Post
What you did wrong is flashing a ROM that goes only with the International edition of the Optimus G (E975/6/7, geehrc).
You need a ROM made for the GEEB (E970, AT&T).
Thank you for pointing out what I already know happened.
 
aceman67
Old
#5  
aceman67's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 32
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Lethbridge
Finally got it to work. I just removed the certs for the ROM that was giving me status 7 errors.

Sent from my LG-E973 using xda app-developers app
 
jiexi
Old
#6  
jiexi's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 25
Posts: 227
Join Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceman67 View Post
Finally got it to work. I just removed the certs for the ROM that was giving me status 7 errors.

Sent from my LG-E973 using xda app-developers app
good job

I think you mean asserts :P
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Get Your Special xda:devcon ’14 Hotel And Conference Rate While It Lasts

By now you’ve definitely heard about XDA’s … more

Google Chromecast Rootable Once Again!

Over the six months, theGoogle Chromecasthas gained a considerable amount of official functionality. … more

YAATA isn’t Just Another Android Texting App

Although our mobile devices today are capable of executingnearly every task we normally … more

MacroDroid Update Brings Android Wear Automation

A few months ago, we talked about MacroDroid. For those who don’t remember, MacroDroid … more