Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default [Q] Screen rotation and reboot

Hi
On my galaxy s4 the rotation of the screen causes a reboot

Here is my logcat

Code:
E/AndroidRuntime(21405): !@*** FATAL EXCEPTION IN SYSTEM PROCESS: android.server.ServerThread

E/AndroidRuntime(21405): java.lang.NullPointerException: mNativeObject is null. Have you called release() already?

E/AndroidRuntime(21405): 	at android.view.SurfaceControl.checkNotReleased(SurfaceControl.java:318)

E/AndroidRuntime(21405): 	at android.view.SurfaceControl.setPosition(SurfaceControl.java:348)

E/AndroidRuntime(21405): 	at com.android.server.power.ElectronBeam$NaturalSurfaceLayout.onDisplayTransaction(ElectronBeam.java:725)

E/AndroidRuntime(21405): 	at com.android.server.display.DisplayManagerService.performTraversalInTransactionFromWindowManager(DisplayManagerService.java:366)

E/AndroidRuntime(21405): 	at com.android.server.wm.WindowManagerService.updateRotationUncheckedLocked(WindowManagerService.java:7769)

E/AndroidRuntime(21405): 	at com.android.server.wm.WindowManagerService.updateRotationUnchecked(WindowManagerService.java:7622)

E/AndroidRuntime(21405): 	at com.android.server.wm.WindowManagerService.updateRotation(WindowManagerService.java:7584)

E/AndroidRuntime(21405): 	at com.android.internal.policy.impl.PhoneWindowManager.updateRotation(PhoneWindowManager.java:7526)

E/AndroidRuntime(21405): 	at com.android.internal.policy.impl.PhoneWindowManager$MyOrientationListener.onProposedRotationChanged(PhoneWindowManager.java:819)

E/AndroidRuntime(21405): 	at com.android.internal.policy.impl.WindowOrientationListener$SContextListenerImpl.onSContextChanged(WindowOrientationListener.java:409)

E/AndroidRuntime(21405): 	at android.hardware.scontext.SContextManager$SContextListenerDelegate$1.handleMessage(SContextManager.java:545)

E/AndroidRuntime(21405): 	at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:99)

E/AndroidRuntime(21405): 	at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:137)

E/AndroidRuntime(21405): 	at com.android.server.ServerThread.run(SystemServer.java:1866)
Can someone help me?

Thank you

Repulsa
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1468

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by intxeon View Post
Hi
On my galaxy s4 the rotation of the screen causes a reboot

Here is my logcat

Code:
E/AndroidRuntime(21405): !@*** FATAL EXCEPTION IN SYSTEM PROCESS: android.server.ServerThread

E/AndroidRuntime(21405): java.lang.NullPointerException: mNativeObject is null. Have you called release() already?

E/AndroidRuntime(21405): 	at android.view.SurfaceControl.checkNotReleased(SurfaceControl.java:318)

E/AndroidRuntime(21405): 	at android.view.SurfaceControl.setPosition(SurfaceControl.java:348)

E/AndroidRuntime(21405): 	at com.android.server.power.ElectronBeam$NaturalSurfaceLayout.onDisplayTransaction(ElectronBeam.java:725)

E/AndroidRuntime(21405): 	at com.android.server.display.DisplayManagerService.performTraversalInTransactionFromWindowManager(DisplayManagerService.java:366)

E/AndroidRuntime(21405): 	at com.android.server.wm.WindowManagerService.updateRotationUncheckedLocked(WindowManagerService.java:7769)

E/AndroidRuntime(21405): 	at com.android.server.wm.WindowManagerService.updateRotationUnchecked(WindowManagerService.java:7622)

E/AndroidRuntime(21405): 	at com.android.server.wm.WindowManagerService.updateRotation(WindowManagerService.java:7584)

E/AndroidRuntime(21405): 	at com.android.internal.policy.impl.PhoneWindowManager.updateRotation(PhoneWindowManager.java:7526)

E/AndroidRuntime(21405): 	at com.android.internal.policy.impl.PhoneWindowManager$MyOrientationListener.onProposedRotationChanged(PhoneWindowManager.java:819)

E/AndroidRuntime(21405): 	at com.android.internal.policy.impl.WindowOrientationListener$SContextListenerImpl.onSContextChanged(WindowOrientationListener.java:409)

E/AndroidRuntime(21405): 	at android.hardware.scontext.SContextManager$SContextListenerDelegate$1.handleMessage(SContextManager.java:545)

E/AndroidRuntime(21405): 	at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:99)

E/AndroidRuntime(21405): 	at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:137)

E/AndroidRuntime(21405): 	at com.android.server.ServerThread.run(SystemServer.java:1866)
Can someone help me?

Thank you
Try to factory reset your phone and check if its gonna get fixed , and if still doesnt work try to reflash the stock rom via odin. thanks.

Quote:
That awkward moment when you're reading this comment and can't stop reading because you are so intrigued by it,that you keep reading,and then you realize it says nothing important.

If I've helped you at all, PLEASE, atleast hit that thanks Button right there >

Remember "Im not responsible if anything happen to your phone as a result of flashing anything"

intxeon
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repulsa View Post
Try to factory reset your phone and check if its gonna get fixed , and if still doesnt work try to reflash the stock rom via odin. thanks.
But is it a generic error ?

cr3pt
Old
Thanks Meter 837

DONATE TO ME
It's standard bug in CM - on all devices.
Give me beer

intxeon
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Solved.

There was a problem with services.jar

cr3pt
Old
Thanks Meter 837

DONATE TO ME
you can write here solution for this?