5,598,297 Members 47,793 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Note 3 LTE no option for 4G network connection

Tip us?

Add|e
Old
(Last edited by Add|e; 16th January 2014 at 10:39 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Hi guys.

I am facing a somewhat similar issue. What makes it different is that I had the LTE option when I bought the Note 3, although there was no 4G service in the country at that time. However, I think it was after an update that I no longer have the LTE option available to in my network settings. Right now, in my home country, LTE hasnt yet been introduced. But like I said, there was no LTE in my previous country of residence either yet I had the LTE option.

By the way, the code *#2263# does nothing at all on my set.

Appreciate any feedback and resolutions.

Thanks

R2D2_NZ
Old
Thanks Meter 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimitri Stephan View Post
Hello people,

I have recently acquired a Note 3 LTE (Snapdragon 800) model of the phone which is 4G compatible but for some reason, I get no option to select a 4G network. The only options I have to chose from is 3G/2G (auto connect) and 3G only. I have attached a screenshot below showing what I mean. On other Note 3 LTE phones, I've seen a different set of options such as LTE/WCDMA/GSM etc...
Why is it so? I am running the latest version of android according to Samsung update which is version 4.3. So is this a software issue or what? My service provider says that samsung should release a software update to solve this issue but I don't understand why this is the case. If anyone can clarify this issue for me I would be very glad.

Thanks!
If your phone is rooted (seems like it isn't) then you can manually edit a config file to enable LTE. If not, you'll be waiting for another OTA update I think.
PHONE: S3 and Note 3 (Telecom NZ)
ANDROID VERSION: 4.4.2 (Omega)
HARDWARE BUILD: Hong Kong 32GB SM-N9005

lesalloum
Old
Thanks Meter 63
Quote:
Alright so good news. I received a message telling me that there is a new firmware update available, so I downloaded and installed it. Now I get a 4G option even though I never once got a 4G signal during the day. I guess waiting is my only option now. What do you think?
sadi2e you have to go Touch or Alfa to replace your SIM with a 4g compatible one, btw ignore the costumer support telling you that you won't receive any signal if you get out of 4g zones,they are total idiots
I replaced mine and now getting 13 14 mb/s speeds
Contact me here if you need any further assistance

Dimitri Stephan
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by lesalloum View Post
sadi2e you have to go Touch or Alfa to replace your SIM with a 4g compatible one, btw ignore the costumer support telling you that you won't receive any signal if you get out of 4g zones,they are total idiots
I replaced mine and now getting 13 14 mb/s speeds
Contact me here if you need any further assistance
Nice to see a Lebanese on these forums. I've already changed my sim card to the 4G capable one but I still don't see a 4G icon wherever I go.

daraj
Old
Thanks Meter 144

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Nice to see a Lebanese on these forums. I've already changed my sim card to the 4G capable one but I still don't see a 4G icon wherever I go.
Im from there too originally. Did you change your modem at some point? It could be that your current modem is not LTE capable. Or let me ask you this: Did you install a stock rom from a different country other then the one that your device is intended to? bas bi beirut fi LTE aw wen maken?

Dimitri Stephan
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by daraj View Post
Im from there too originally. Did you change your modem at some point? It could be that your current modem is not LTE capable. Or let me ask you this: Did you install a stock rom from a different country other then the one that your device is intended to? bas bi beirut fi LTE aw wen maken?
What modem are you talking about? The rom is stock. LTE is only available in Beirut and some other places surrounding it.

isi758
Old
Thanks Meter 0
hi
i have got same issues with LTE

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-01-22-11-05-17.png
Views:	145
Size:	148.5 KB
ID:	2532028

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-01-22-15-55-32.png
Views:	94
Size:	185.3 KB
ID:	2532029

please help

tjghattas
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Cool how ?

Quote:
Alright so good news. I received a message telling me that there is a new firmware update available, so I downloaded and installed it. Now I get a 4G option even though I never once got a 4G signal during the day. I guess waiting is my only option now. What do you think?

Hello , I have a USIM, and note3 4G ( bought from KSA and tried on 4G in Dubai and KSA) . I did not get any updates on wifi nor through kies .

Did you change you upload a new platform ( kitkat) before you got the update ? or did you just wake up and found an update ?

PS : I live in Beirut Lebanon too .

Thanks

mabr786
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Unhappy Me too with the same problem

I bought my phone from Dubai.. i saw the LTE option when i used my phone there.. but then i flashed Poland's latest firmware and rooted my device.. now i am in South Asia , and my phone doesn't show any LTE option..! weird..
Note3LTE SM-N9005ZKEXSI ... (United Arab Emirates)
Android version: 4.4.2 ... Stock ROOTED (knox 0x1)..
AP: N9005XXUDMJ7 >> N9005XXUENB3 >> N9005XXUENC2
CP: N9005XXUDMJ7 >> N9005XXUENB1 >> N9005XXUENC2
CSC: N9005OJVDMJ4 >> N9005OXXENB1 >> N9005OJVENB2

ShadowLea
Old
Thanks Meter 620
I'll say it again: Each CSC has a different list of 4G activated providers that are not directly related to the region they are in.

Which means that a device can have 4G activated for 50 providers, just not the one your SIM belongs to. As such, if you insert the SIM, the 4G toggle is disabled.

Each provider has to individually pass on the fact that they have 4G to Samsung. Even then it's not activated for each CSC.

As such, my DBT Note 3 had 4G on T-Mobile NL months before the TL and PHN ROMs had it.

Also, South Asia uses a different frequency your EU firmware can't detect.
SM-N9005 International Galaxy Note 3, DBT NB7 Stock Unrooted.

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

The simplest solutions are often the cleverest. They are also usually wrong.