XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][JB][4.1.2] Haier W910 moded port from Acer S500

Tip us?

dalyer
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diomorgan View Post
Sorry, bat latest rom is full of bugs, very slow/laggy compared to firts releaes (the one with camera bravo on).no tethering (that use to happen even before...even in the spanish rom that was NOT a port of the acer, so maybe our phone will neverwifi tether, tried even some app from appstore, same results:reboot).
Some random reboot, battery is VERY hot with both on demand and other governor.battery life decreased drastically.
It lags on phonecalls, even on hardbutton wakeup.I'll try switching back to ol spanish rom and see.my bf has the spanish rom and, exluding the thether issue, has no problem at all!
Anyhow, maybe using it as primary phone stressed battery and hardware too much.
Maybe link2sd too contributes to lags even if I have a samsung32gb class10 ui micro sd.
But i can find lag even in non linked apps...
I'm so sad haier won't release kernel source code and we won't never see 4.3 or 4.4.
[OT] i'm on 4.4.2 on my y300 and it's simply Amazing, but screen/plastic/pictures/speaker quality are worse than w910...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium
Odd - I am using the ROM linked from the first post in this thread and don't have these problems.
In particular

- I have had the odd lag but not often enough to be a big problem
- Ditto for reboots
- Generally no lags on calls or wakeup
- Haven't noticed battery getting hot habitually - only on stuff like continuous YouTube etc.

The hardware isn't that weak so using it as a daily phone is reasonable in my view (and experience!).
I haven't used link2sd so maybe that does make a difference?
I came from a Huawei G300 so am still pretty happy with how the Haier performs on this ROM.

I still need to collate my few issues/quirks and post about them in case they are of interest to anybody but by and large this ROM works really well for me so I'm surprised your experience seems so negative in comparison...

RazOne
Old
Thanks Meter 143
Hi zatycz ! Can you help SpaceCaker to create a kernel for ACER S500 CloudMobile. It's a great device but no roms due to lack of developers. I hope you can help. Shout out to other devs to help us the customers. All acer s500 users would be happy. I would donate to you , developers , for a rom . Thanks!
========================================

Thanks to all XDA-Developers founders for this awsome source of knowledge!
Click on THANKS button if I helped you!

=======================
[DEV][ROM]S5660XXKTI CWM Flashable
=============

Diomorgan
Old
(Last edited by Diomorgan; 10th March 2014 at 02:22 AM.)
Thanks Meter 31
Looks like reverse engeneering on kernel is SO diffucult and I wonder wy haier (or acer) doesn't release the source code.
Anyhow, I'm on elbuit v5.5 , run fine, even i MUST use link2sd, I have a lot of apps...
And its looks like any 4.1 rom can do wifi tethering.
No matter what settinsg or encryption, 3rd party tethering tools makes phone reboot!!!
Edit: bluetooth tethering neither...
Battery increased a lot on elbuit to.
Actually, I love this phone, but with no edited kernel we can use only a little of his power!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium
Tags
4.1.2, haier, jellybean, w910