XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] verizion htc one root

Tip us?

sk842018
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 97
Default [Q] verizion htc one root

Just got the verizion HTC one, it came with sense 5.0 software version 2.10.605.1 android 4.3. It has the Kitkat update ready to install but I'm wanting to s-off and root. I looked at rumrunner but on download page wasn't my software version. I'm familiar with adb,rooting,flashing,etc. Just curious as to which method and if should go ahead and take the ota. Thanks

HTC droid Eris, HTC incredible,HTC incredible 2, HTC incredible 4G, Samsung galaxy nexus, Moto droid razr maxx, verizion HTC one

nty123
Old
Thanks Meter 4
its good you did not take the update, you will use a software called "firewater soff" there is a site just google "firewater soff" once at the site you will use the temp-root method. it will get you s-off and once you are s-off flash a custom recovery and then a rom with root and your good to go. btw for this software you will use adb. it will give you two downloads 1) firewater and 2) temp-root, for me on a mac i place those in my folder with adb and then run the commands as prompted on the official site, pretty easy and once done your good to go! and rumrunner will NOT work with 4.3 only firewater will
DROID X----HTC REZOUND----DROID RAZR----HTC ONE

HTC ONE: UNLOCKED-S-OFF
HBOOT-1.56.0000(UNLOCKED)
RECOVERY:TWRP 2.7.0.1
ROM:tiKtaK GPE 4.4.2
KERNEL:Elite Lunar Kernel
The Following User Says Thank You to nty123 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sk842018
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by nty123 View Post
its good you did not take the update, you will use a software called "firewater soff" there is a site just google "firewater soff" once at the site you will use the temp-root method. it will get you s-off and once you are s-off flash a custom recovery and then a rom with root and your good to go. btw for this software you will use adb. it will give you two downloads 1) firewater and 2) temp-root, for me on a mac i place those in my folder with adb and then run the commands as prompted on the official site, pretty easy and once done your good to go! and rumrunner will NOT work with 4.3 only firewater will

Thank you...