Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,901 Members 53,583 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Problem installing Cyanogenmod, what should I do?

Tip us?

davidrf
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q] Problem installing Cyanogenmod, what should I do?

Hi there,
I'm trying to install the latest stable Cyanogenmod on an Asus TF300T following the instructions of the Cyanogenmod official Wiki (that I cannot link yet) but there is a problem.

It states:

"Download koush's ClockworkMod Recovery. You can directly download the recovery image using the link below, or visit clockworkmod.com/rommanager to download the latest version. Be careful to select the right image! The downloaded file should have tf300t in the name."

Well in the site clockworkmod.com /rommanager there are NOT roms with "tf300t" in the name. There is also a direct link for an unlisted tf300t rom, but with the following warning: "WARNING: this does not work with the newer Jelly Bean versions. Flashing this will brick your tablet!)". And in my tablet I have Android 4.2.1 installed.

So... what am I supposed to do?

By the way: if you think there's a better ROM than Cyanogenmod, please let me know.

Thanks a lot!

f69m
Old
Thanks Meter 402
Find the CM 11 thread in the Android development for TF300T section and follow the instructions given there.

Sent from my TF300T using Tapatalk

cmendonc2
Old
Thanks Meter 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidrf View Post
Hi there,
I'm trying to install the latest stable Cyanogenmod on an Asus TF300T following the instructions of the Cyanogenmod official Wiki (that I cannot link yet) but there is a problem.

It states:

"Download koush's ClockworkMod Recovery. You can directly download the recovery image using the link below, or visit clockworkmod.com/rommanager to download the latest version. Be careful to select the right image! The downloaded file should have tf300t in the name."

Well in the site clockworkmod.com /rommanager there are NOT roms with "tf300t" in the name. There is also a direct link for an unlisted tf300t rom, but with the following warning: "WARNING: this does not work with the newer Jelly Bean versions. Flashing this will brick your tablet!)". And in my tablet I have Android 4.2.1 installed.

So... what am I supposed to do?

By the way: if you think there's a better ROM than Cyanogenmod, please let me know.

Thanks a lot!
You can follow the steps in my post here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...79&postcount=7

Make sure your bootloader matched the minimum mentioned in the post.
My Devices:

[Retired] Nook Color (CM10)

LG Optimus Dynamic II L39C (Stock, rooted)

Asus Tf300t (CM11)

Transformers: Install NvFlash for JellyBean Transformer bootloader to become unbrickable HERE Guide: Here!
Wantfree phone and tablet accessories or Google Play gift cards? Go HERE