XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Help with bootloader!

Tip us?

Toralhin
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Help with bootloader!

I'm having an issue where my splash screen for bootloader is loading up twice. I'm a layman with phone dev., so let me describe the issue and see if someone can help. When I turn on phone I see splash screen for ~3 seconds, then it goes to black for ~1 second, and back to splash screen for ~3 seconds before boot animation. When I load system from TWRP it goes to splash screen and stays there until I press power and then it goes to boot animation. My phone runs AOKP at around 700 mb/1.8mb.

My fear is that I've loaded a bootloader on top of a bootloader, or that I've loaded a ROM on top of a ROM. Something fishy is going on and I'm trying to figure out exactly what. If anyone has any particular insights into my scenario, please post!

thayl0
Old
Thanks Meter 69

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toralhin View Post
I'm having an issue where my splash screen for bootloader is loading up twice. I'm a layman with phone dev., so let me describe the issue and see if someone can help. When I turn on phone I see splash screen for ~3 seconds, then it goes to black for ~1 second, and back to splash screen for ~3 seconds before boot animation. When I load system from TWRP it goes to splash screen and stays there until I press power and then it goes to boot animation. My phone runs AOKP at around 700 mb/1.8mb.

My fear is that I've loaded a bootloader on top of a bootloader, or that I've loaded a ROM on top of a ROM. Something fishy is going on and I'm trying to figure out exactly what. If anyone has any particular insights into my scenario, please post!
That happens to make nothing wrong. My HTC screen flashes twice. Something when I update the ROM I half to hold power to get it pass the HTC screen but next time j reboot its all good.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Toralhin
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by thayl0 View Post
That happens to make nothing wrong. My HTC screen flashes twice. Something when I update the ROM I half to hold power to get it pass the HTC screen but next time j reboot its all good.

Any idea how to get a seamless splash screen? I've tried flashing both .img and .zip in RUU, updated radio, updated hboot. Do I need to have Eng Hboot then maybe reflash as .zip in RUU?

thayl0
Old
Thanks Meter 69

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Any idea how to get a seamless splash screen? I've tried flashing both .img and .zip in RUU, updated radio, updated hboot. Do I need to have Eng Hboot then maybe reflash as .zip in RUU?
Avoid ENG hboots you'll brick your phone.

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Toralhin
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by thayl0 View Post
Avoid ENG hboots you'll brick your phone.

Not helpful

thayl0
Old
Thanks Meter 69

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Not helpful
I don't know what a seamless splash screen even is. I've never heard of it.

Jaggar345
Old
Thanks Meter 121
If your phone is booting and working don't mess with it. I don't get what your trying to say. Is the htc logo poping up twice and then it boots because I thought that was normal.

thayl0
Old
Thanks Meter 69

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggar345 View Post
If your phone is booting and working don't mess with it. I don't get what your trying to say. Is the htc logo poping up twice and then it boots because I thought that was normal.

It is. I'm not sure what he was talking about when he says seamless splash

Phaded
Old
Thanks Meter 352
Quote:
Being inexperienced as you said, I would avoid the ENG hboot.

But... if you had to.... flashing the ENG hboot with a custom splash would indeed give you a smooth boot.

But like I said, I'd advise against it. Your phone works as it should, just leave it.
HTC DNA
My phone does phone things

.torrented
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1360

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaded View Post
Being inexperienced as you said, I would avoid the ENG hboot.

But... if you had to.... flashing the ENG hboot with a custom splash would indeed give you a smooth boot.

But like I said, I'd advise against it. Your phone works as it should, just leave it.
ENG is no longer needed to flash a splash img, you just need to zip out of my Collections thread