Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,290 Members 53,180 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] root fail URGENT! pls

Tip us?

Valentin6282
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyevo52 View Post
You need to get to the download mode, pull your battery, put it back in, press volume down, the home button, and power at the same time, hold it until the phone vibrates and the screen turns on, it will tell you to press over of two options, you want the dl mode option

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
that i can do
then i run the SM-N900P MJ4 Full Restore Unrooted (Compressed Archive).exe file from the post you gave me on my computer?
or on the phone?

sry for the noob questions. i never di this before and it's not nice to start something new when i'm pressed for time.

tonyevo52
Old
Thanks Meter 363
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valentin6282 View Post
that i can do
then i run the SM-N900P MJ4 Full Restore Unrooted (Compressed Archive).exe file from the post you gave me on my computer?
or on the phone?

sry for the noob questions. i never di this before and it's not nice to start something new when i'm pressed for time.
Yep, make sure your phone is recognized in the program when it comes up, takes a few minutes to start up and about 15 to run. Make sure you run the program as administrator.. Once you do this, your phone will be completely stock like you just took it out the box

---------- Post added at 06:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:59 PM ----------

Run it on the computer

Valentin6282
Old
(Last edited by Valentin6282; 28th February 2014 at 02:16 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
i am instalink the mj4 now and it seems to be working.

for the updates i noticed that the instructions sayd to copy the files to the external sd. can't it be the internal sd, or does it really have to be the external one because i don't have an external sd right now.

and if it can't be the internal sd, then what file should i use to root whithout the updates, just the mj4?

Valentin6282
Old
(Last edited by Valentin6282; 28th February 2014 at 02:46 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
just realised that was a stupid question. i found a long forgotten 1gb sd. does the CF-Auto-Root-hlte-hltexx-smn9005.tar.md5 file work on nabd or should i only upgrade to nab?

Valentin6282
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyevo52 View Post
Yep, make sure your phone is recognized in the program when it comes up, takes a few minutes to start up and about 15 to run. Make sure you run the program as administrator.. Once you do this, your phone will be completely stock like you just took it out the box

---------- Post added at 06:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:59 PM ----------

Run it on the computer

the root doesn't work. i instaled the mj4 and no errors when i tried the root you recomended for the mj4 it instaled bu after resset i got the logo screen with "recovery booting recovery is not seandroid enforcing set warranty bit recovery" on top. anymore ideeas?

Epix4G
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 1,035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valentin6282 View Post
the root doesn't work. i instaled the mj4 and no errors when i tried the root you recomended for the mj4 it instaled bu after resset i got the logo screen with "recovery booting recovery is not seandroid enforcing set warranty bit recovery" on top. anymore ideeas?
That root only works on 4.4.2 if your on 4.3 go download cf auto root for mj4 in chain fires thread the 900p sprint note 3

if you take the ota update to kit kat that root will work
Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Valentin6282
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epix4G View Post
That root only works on 4.4.2 if your on 4.3 go download cf auto root for mj4 in chain fires thread the 900p sprint note 3

if you take the ota update to kit kat that root will work
Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
i used the CF-Auto-Root-hltespr-hltespr-smn900p.tar.md5 file last. it gave the same error. i'l try to see if i can upgrade to nabd and usea the 9005 file.

Valentin6282
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
everywhere i see they sayd i should get a yelow box in odin but i get a blue one when i trie to instal the root? is that a problem? odin says added

Valentin6282
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
yey. i finaly did it. i flashed mj4 agayn, instaled the nab upgrade than flashed CF-Auto-Root-hlte-hltexx-smn9005.tar.md5 with odin and it worked,
thank you for all your help.

The Following User Says Thank You to Valentin6282 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]