Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,872 Members 53,345 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] international sim unlock pls help

Tip us?

Valentin6282
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q] international sim unlock pls help

hello. i just managed to root and region unlock my note 3 and now i need to sim unlock it for international use. more speciffic i am from romania and i want to use it on cosmote romania.

how can i sim unlock the phone?
it has android 4.4.2 nab

JimSmith94
Old
Thanks Meter 195
You're in the wrong forum. I doubt that anyone in this Sprint forum know anything about region or SIM unlocking.

Valentin6282
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimSmith94 View Post
You're in the wrong forum. I doubt that anyone in this Sprint forum know anything about region or SIM unlocking.
what forum should i be in?

if i put another rom, will it still have the sim lock? i was thinking of puting a rom for my country.

Epix4G
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 1034
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valentin6282 View Post
what forum should i be in?

if i put another rom, will it still have the sim lock? i was thinking of puting a rom for my country.
Another ROM for your country.... That isn't a gms international phone another rom and you'll have a brick ... you may be able to get a cyanogen or some other aosp but a Samsung for your country will never have been made for this phone ....

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Valentin6282
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
can i put another rom on it and have it work in my countri untill i can find a way to unlock it?

honweman
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valentin6282 View Post
can i put another rom on it and have it work in my countri untill i can find a way to unlock it?
you can't.

AlpineMan
Old
(Last edited by AlpineMan; 28th February 2014 at 10:42 PM.)
Thanks Meter 695
Currently, the only way to SIM unlock the Sprint Galaxy Note 3 for use on GSM networks outside of the US is for Sprint to unlock it via OTA. And for them to that, the phone must be in an active Sprint account.

Unlike the Sprint Galaxy S4, there's a method to SIM unlock the Sprint S4 without Sprint having to do it for you. Unfortunately, this method has been tried and tested on the Sprint Note 3 and it didn't work.

Putting a different ROM on the Sprint Note 3 won't help...and totally unnecessary for use in other countries. You're at the mercy of Sprint to get it SIM unlocked.
Flash Galaxy Note 3, Note 2, S4, S3, S2 to Sprint, SERO, Boost, Virgin Mobile: CLICK HERE

MMS Fix for Galaxy Note 3, Note 2, S4, S3, S2 on Sprint, SERO, Boost, Virgin Mobile: CLICK HERE

Update Profile/PRL/HFA Fix for Sprint Galaxy Note 3 and S4 flashed to Sprint, SERO, Boost, Virgin Mobile: CLICK HERE

quocvieth
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Can not change Chip flash for this ????

AlpineMan
Old
Thanks Meter 695
What's a chip flash? See my note above yours.
Flash Galaxy Note 3, Note 2, S4, S3, S2 to Sprint, SERO, Boost, Virgin Mobile: CLICK HERE

MMS Fix for Galaxy Note 3, Note 2, S4, S3, S2 on Sprint, SERO, Boost, Virgin Mobile: CLICK HERE

Update Profile/PRL/HFA Fix for Sprint Galaxy Note 3 and S4 flashed to Sprint, SERO, Boost, Virgin Mobile: CLICK HERE